Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Have to keep Wan on Static... If I don't I get Magenta and loose internet

computersteve
Apprentice

Have to keep Wan on Static... If I don't I get Magenta and loose internet

I am having a very weird problem... I'm on firmware V2.3.5.30. I have Optimum service & I'm noticing that if I leave my Orbi on DHCP wan within a few minutes I loose conecitvity / the orbi switches to detecting internet (Magenta Light)... If I go into the settings then switch the orbi to Static IP using what it obtained from DHCP it works. Thing is I don't pay for static so it is a DHCP service.. Why isn't the Orbi working correctly with DHCP? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Have to keep Wan on Static... If I don't I get Magenta and loose internet

I think this is the issue with the DHCP lease time that I still also see from time to time in 2.3.5.30.
What is the lease time you get from your ISP?
You can find this in the web GUI under >> ADVANCED >> Router status
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Have to keep Wan on Static... If I don't I get Magenta and loose internet

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since the FW update? 

@computersteve wrote:

I am having a very weird problem... I'm on firmware V2.3.5.30. I have Optimum service & I'm noticing that if I leave my Orbi on DHCP wan within a few minutes I loose conecitvity / the orbi switches to detecting internet (Magenta Light)... If I go into the settings then switch the orbi to Static IP using what it obtained from DHCP it works. Thing is I don't pay for static so it is a DHCP service.. Why isn't the Orbi working correctly with DHCP? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7