Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Head falling off as i can't get logon and change password - have forgotten answers to security quest

Itskpm
Follower

Head falling off as i can't get logon and change password - have forgotten answers to security quest

OMG. I have an RBR50v2 Orbi 23- couldnt even find it in the drop down list above. Just want to give up and head about to fall off.  Can't log onto my orbilogon as have forgotten the answer to 2nd security question. Keep going round in loop. Will a factory reset solve this -ie if I  start all over again as if its a new device? Somebody out there in the ether please help.  Also i have a serial no.  and a MAC number on the bottom of the router . Have tried inputting the serial no. and this doesnt help. should i input the MAC no. Any help extremely gratefully received as my orbi is less than 2 years old and i am v happy with it.  

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Head falling off as i can't get logon and change password - have forgotten answers to security q

This sort of thing happens when the web password is entered incorrectly three times in a row.  The Orbi pops up the Password Recovery screen which requires the serial number (not the MAC address).  During the original setup two years ago, you may have skipped over the security question section by not actually pulling down the menu to select questions and type in answers.

At this point, a Factory Reset is the only way to gain access to the router again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7