Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Home office & connected home setup

Largada
Aspirant

Home office & connected home setup

Hi guys, need some help please

just refurbished house and run cat6 cables everywhere

We've got fibre to premises being installed soon too

so as we run a home office for 2 people, also home school getting the network setup is crucial. 
I want at least a 24 port Poe Ethernet switch and a 4point mesh Wi-Fi setup. 3 of the 4 access points for the mesh Wi-Fi need to be ceiling mounted (already pre wired cat6 so need to support Poe) 

can anybody suggest what equipment is needed as the new orbi doesn't look like it has ceiling mounted variants. 
ideally like Wi-Fi 6 enabled as my new laptop and phones are compatible. 
the network switch will have Philips hue lighting hub connected as well as smart heating, and nest smoke alarms. CCTV is Poe+ and then all tvs and game consoles have cat6 run to them. 
As we were refurbishing the house I took opportunity to make the house as connected as possible so would like to get the setup right from the beginning so any advice gratefully recieved

cheers 

largada

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Home office & connected home setup

There's only 1 Orbi device so far that supports POE but its a wireless AC and not AX device. 

If you don't mind paying the yearly costs for Insights, the WAX610, WAX620, WAX630 all support mesh function when setup through insight. And they're POE powered. 

Wireless Access Points - Wifi Access Points | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 6
Largada
Aspirant

Thanks for that. I'll have a look into insights. Don't know much about that at the minute but most companies seem to be looking at subscription based models these days

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Insight is netgears business lineup with premium features. 

Most of their business class equipment come with a year free and then a per device cost yearly for the premium features. 

Message 4 of 6
Bratton89
Aspirant

The RBR is the RBR50 with in the box. Just making sure which ring you were referring too. The RBR which is the base router or the RBS which is the satellite. 

Let us know about the suggestions. 

Message 5 of 6
stuartbill5896
Aspirant

yeah you are right man The RBR which is the base router or the RBS which is the satellite. .

you may suggest this one also

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7