Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I change my Orbi RBR40 from 5.0 ghz to 2.4 ghz in order to connect to my weather staion?

merlinca
Follower

How do I change my Orbi RBR40 from 5.0 ghz to 2.4 ghz in order to connect to my weather staion?

I purchased a LaCrosse weather station and it requires a 2.4ghz. connection, at least during setup. Can anybody tell me how to change my Orbi RBR40 mesh network to 2.4 ghz. from 5.0 ghz., at least temporarily?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I change my Orbi RBR40 from 5.0 ghz to 2.4 ghz in order to connect to my weather staion?

The Orbi broadcasts both at the same time. So the Device will only see the 2.4Ghz radio if thats all it supports. 

If your setup mobile device is needed in addition to setup the weather station device, you can lower the power output of the 5ghz radio so that the setup mobile device connects to the 2.4Ghz radio instead of the 5ghz radio. This is a problem with the device Mfr, not with Orbi. 

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: How do I change my Orbi RBR40 from 5.0 ghz to 2.4 ghz in order to connect to my weather staion?

@merlinca wrote:

I purchased a LaCrosse weather station and it requires a 2.4ghz. connection, at least during setup. Can anybody tell me how to change my Orbi RBR40 mesh network to 2.4 ghz. from 5.0 ghz., at least temporarily?

Please check this post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Home-Wifi-amp-LA-Crosse-Weather-Station-Alarm-Clock-2-4GH...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7