Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I enable multicast

sbergy4
Aspirant

How do I enable multicast

I am using the Orbi RBR20 with a Uverse gateway. The Orbi is set up as an AP and the gateway's wifi was disabled as the instructions suggested. I have a Sonos soundbar and Sonos One with Alexa built in. Everthing works fine except the Alexa in my Sonos. I have been told this is because the Orbi needs to have multicast enabled. How do I do this? 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do I enable multicast

When in AP mode any multicast configurations will be done on the host router, not Orbi since any and all traffic gets passed thru Orbi while in AP mode. There is nothing to configure while in AP mode since these features are not needed in AP mode. I would check your host routers configuration and features.

Message 2 of 4
sbergy4
Aspirant

So if I'm understanding you correctly, I should re enable my Uverse Gateway's WiFi for both the 2.4 and 5 ghz radio status? In some video I watched on setting up the Orbi, it instructed me to disable these on the Uverse gateway. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

No. multicast is a different feature on the host router. Nothing to do with wifi. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7