Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to disable / deactivate Armor on RBR50?

slipsibm
Aspirant

How to disable / deactivate Armor on RBR50?

I upgraded my RBR50 router to 2.3.1.32 and then 2.3.1.44. Since the upgrade to 2.3.1.32, I have been experiencing frequent loss of Internet access. Before I downgrade back to 2.2.1.210, I wanted to try and deactivate Armor but can't find an option to do this to see if that is the problem. How do Disable Armor? 

Anyone else losing Internet access? 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to disable / deactivate Armor on RBR50?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

I would factory reset and setup from scratch if you haven't already. You can try not enabling Armor at this point, do a back up configuration to file, then give it one more try to see if the reset fixes anything...if not, re-apply the back up config from file. 

@slipsibm wrote:

I upgraded my RBR50 router to 2.3.1.32 and then 2.3.1.44. Since the upgrade to 2.3.1.32, I have been experiencing frequent loss of Internet access. Before I downgrade back to 2.2.1.210, I wanted to try and deactivate Armor but can't find an option to do this to see if that is the problem. How do Disable Armor? 

Anyone else losing Internet access? 

Message 2 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: How to disable / deactivate Armor on RBR50?

I would also reboot ALL equipment starting at your modem and work my way down to see if that makes any difference.

Make sure you leave power off for a few minutes and remove any batteries before cranking back up.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7