Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to keep Logitech Squeeze devices going after getting an Orbi mesh

LovelyBrook
Aspirant

How to keep Logitech Squeeze devices going after getting an Orbi mesh

Modem says it is an RBR 750.  I have 2 satellites.

Ok, here is the puzzle. I spent the time to try to speak to a human on the Netgear Orbi Support line. That did not help. So, I am going down 2 roads -- posting in the Logitech Media Server forums and also posting in the Netgear Orbi forums. Here is the sequence and the puzzle. I am not a networking whiz although I have gotten fairly familiar with the web interface of various modems since I live in the country, teach for a large university and have gone through about 5 ISP's trying to find speed, connectivity, and reliability. My home is relatively "smart" with about 30 devices, and 3 floors. I have 8 squeeze devices, 1 slim device, 1 old boom box, and 6 squeezebox radios.

Currently t mobile home internet is the best. Good connection, screaming fast, reasonable price, and decent support. Nothing has beat it up to now. So they supply their home wifi tower which is pretty basic and dumbed down for a modem router. The web interface is very simple. Not many adjustments. This was working for everything except anything that required a WPS button to connect. It has no WPS button. So my security cameras and an adapter for the solar read out did not work. I kept my old ISP just to keep them connected even though it was slow speeds and very expensive.

Called T-mobile to see if I was missing something in connecting these devices. They said I need a wifi extender with a wps button. I had been thinking about mesh for a while to cover the up and downstairs. T mobile advertised their system as mesh compatible -- although it has no bridge mode so you are left with 2 routers broadcasting 2 wifi networks, (or more if you set up guest networks).

All the squeeze devices were fine and very reliable on the t-mobile alone which uses both 2. and 5.2 speeds. I hooked up the Netgear Orbi 2 days ago hoping to get everything on one network and keep things simple. Everything connected except the squeeze devices. I played around with power resets, lots of little tweaks but the best I could do was hook into the network briefly, and then recognize the server/library very rarely on one or two devices and play music for no more than 5 minutes before it all disconnected. Getting it hooked to the Orbi network was really hard and rarely worked.

So, today, I decided I would go back and try to hook the squeeze devices to the T-mobile router network. This was easily done. I had everything hooked up to that network, 8 squeeze devices, had to change the computers with the LMS server to the Tmobile network and then it appeared all was well. Was playing music everywhere with great happiness. Then, in about 30-40 minutes each device, one by one, fell off the network. EXCEPT the old boombox and the slim device stayed connected. Maybe that is a clue.

The only way I could reconnect was to do power resets on everything. So, I can get any squeeze device to connect to the Tmobile network now if I unplug it and plug it back in -- but only for 20-30 minutes.

Obviously, there is some sort of interference going on. I made sure that the squeeze devices could no longer hook to the Orbi, just T-mobile. Have done multiple power resets on everything in the house including both routers.  Seems a better use of time to figure out how to keep the devices hooked to the Tmobile router which has almost been fine multiple times than to try to figure out how to hook them to the Orbi which has never gotten close to working well at all.

Not sure exactly where to start now in problem-solving. If there are any techies who like a puzzle here you go. Will keep updating this as I try various solutions.

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to keep Logitech Squeeze devices going aftet getting an Orbi mesh

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7