Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to see exact Wifi quality between RBK50 and RBS50 after installation?

chrza
Guide

How to see exact Wifi quality between RBK50 and RBS50 after installation?

Hi!

I would like to see a feature where I can see the excact Wifi speed between the Orbi Router and satellite. While first installation the light was blue but I found that the speed isnt very good. So I copied a large file and experimented with the position of the satellite. The performance gain was from 55 Mbit/s to 420 Mbit/s! It would be nice if there were an expert feature for optimising the position of the satellite! Its insufficient to only rely on the colors!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to see exactly Wifi quality between RBK50 and RBS50 after installation?

Hello Chrza

That is a great suggestion I would suggest posting it in our Idea exchange board.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
JMU1998
Luminary

Excellent suggestion very useful feature indeed thanks for bringing it up.

Message 3 of 6
nsfw
Aspirant

Not 100% sure this is helpful, but under Advanced-> Click the "Show Statistics" blue button 

Look at the last line:

WLAN Backhaul

My status is:

1733M

Wonder if you move it closer or further if you see this number change. Could be an indication of how well you've placed your satelite.

Message 4 of 6
loomis1975
Luminary

I'm pretty sure we had the discussion about that number back in September.  Pretty sure its just a label....Static.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 6
JMU1998
Luminary

Looks static mine says same.  I truly wish someone at Netgear will wake up and unlock this machine's potential.  ORBI is using a Qualcomm IPQ4019 which is a 720Mhz Quad core Processor!! Paired with 512Mb of RAM and 4Gb of flash and a wired backhaul can't be added via Firmware???  Seriously?? not even offer wired backhaul in AP mode?? Seems a massive waste of a powerful machine limiting it's potential because of poor Firmware features.

I have made the same statement on the currently ongoing Netgear idea exchange as well hopefully it gains traction.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Netgear-Orbi-Wired-Sattelite/idi-p/1145210

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7