× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to unblock device? Not appearing in device list.

eebuckeye
Aspirant

How to unblock device? Not appearing in device list.

I have the latest Orbi firmware and the other day I blocked a device from connecting.  I now want to unblock it but when I login to the app or through my browser the device no longer appears on the device list.  If I turn off access control the device works again but still does not appear on my device list.

How can this be fixed?  Thank you

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
deguz
Initiate

Navigate to: Advanced -> Security -> Access Control

At the very bottom of the page expand View list of blocked devices not currently connected to the network

Does the blocked device show up there? 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Perhaps you could restart the Orbi system, then log into the web interface again and see if the device now shows up?

(Not "Factory Reset", just restart)

"Pausing" devices with the app seems to lead to unexpected results sometimes.

I often wonder what the incentive is to turn on Access Control.  My 25 character WiFi password would take about 4 billion years to crack, so (although paranoid about a lot of things) I have no fear of someone "stealing" my internet by connecting to my Orbi.  Someone could plug a laptop into one of my Orbi ethernet jacks, but then I sort of have "bigger problems" than network issues.

Message 2 of 6
eebuckeye
Aspirant

Pausing does seem to have bugs for sure.  Access control is nice when I want to turn off/pause a particular device but it does not work correctly.

Message 3 of 6
deguz
Initiate

Navigate to: Advanced -> Security -> Access Control

At the very bottom of the page expand View list of blocked devices not currently connected to the network

Does the blocked device show up there? 

Message 4 of 6
Lyth
Guide

The app sux for this.  I've had this happen a lot.  Aside from logging into the router webpage, you can reconnect the device to your wifi, refresh the device list in the app, and you should see it and be able to unblock it.

Message 5 of 6
eebuckeye
Aspirant

Not sure how I missed this option on the website but apparently there is not a way with the app.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7