Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I'VE JUST ABOUT HAD IT....

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I'VE JUST ABOUT HAD IT....

If the modem has a built in router, couple of options, Fully bridge the ISP modem and continue to use Orbi router in router mode, or if the modem can't be bridged, use the DMZ on the modem for the IP address that the Orbi router gets from the modem. This will help with a double NAT condition.

Or use the Orbi router in AP mode with the ISP Modem/router.

Message 26 of 34
rdawsoniii
Star

For the tenth time....I disabled the router function on the modem!!!!  It has been disabled since the day I got it and I had zero problems with the other routers I've used.  If there are any other "special" changes I need to make in the modem...forget it.  If I have to do that, then I'm not going to waste my time.  I shouldn't have to do this to make the Orbi work. 

No disrespect....but asking me the same questions over and over is not helping.  I really do appreciate the suggestions.  I will try the ones mentioned above (changing the channels, etc...and I might even just take out the satellite as long as the base unit reaches the other end of my house).

Message 27 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if any of the suggestions work. 

Message 28 of 34
rdawsoniii
Star

I disabled beamforming, MIMO,and Fast Roaming...forgot to disable daisy chain, but will leave as is for now.  Changed 2.4 to channel 1.  Let's hope that does the trick!

Message 29 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes.

Message 30 of 34
Brain29
Apprentice

@rdawsoniii wrote:

I've had the RBK40 for about 10 days and have yet to go 24 hours without problems.  Constant disconnects.  I've reset to factory default 3 times.  I've updated to the newest firmware.  Power cycled.  I have to turn the router off, then on, almost hourly.  Orbilogin on my PC shows the satellite, but always in "config sys" for backhaul (except for about the first hour after a factory reset, when it is normal).  The orbi app on my ipad won't recognize the orbi system most of the time.  Ipad constantly disconnects.  DirecTV receiver constantly disconnects.  None of these ever reconnect on their own.  I always have to power the router off/on.  I've done multiple syncs of the satellite and router.  Always get a blue color, but an hour or so later...something disconnects.

I have followed all the suggestions for fixing.  Nothing works.  As I've said....10 days, constant disconnects, tried everything.

Tonight I am going to do my 4th factory reset.  I will give it a new network name and move the satellite closer (it is about 30 feet from the router right now, and downstairs).  If this doesn't work, this piece of junk is going back to Amazon and I'll get the google system instead.  This is absolutely ridiculous.

return it before your stuck with it - there is something really wrong with this product that they cant fix 

Message 31 of 34
Little7
Aspirant

can you check if your device is connected to the router or to the satellite? If connected to the satellite, can you check the backhaul connection is stable (you can see this from the logs where you'll see the satellite going through a DHCP request)? 

PS: this was my issue at the time my system wasn't stable

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 32 of 34
rdawsoniii
Star

I changed the 2.4 channel to 1, and disabled mimo, beamcasting, and 1 other thing I can't remember.  So far, no problems, no disconnects, and satellite still being recognized on orbilogin.

One more thing.  When I installed the Orbi, I just unplugged all the cables from the old router and plugged them into the Orbi.  I had forgotten where they were all connected, and did not bother to recheck.  It turns out I had the modem and Orbi connected with 2 cables...1 from the yellow LAN/WAN port and 1 from a regular LAN port.  For the life of me I don't know why I did that originally.  I disconnected the second cable.  Maybe...just maybe...that was part of my problem.

In any case, things are working smoothly so far.  Thank you to everyone for the suggestions.

Message 33 of 34
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@rdawsoniii wrote:

I changed the 2.4 channel to 1, and disabled mimo, beamcasting, and 1 other thing I can't remember.  So far, no problems, no disconnects, and satellite still being recognized on orbilogin.

One more thing.  When I installed the Orbi, I just unplugged all the cables from the old router and plugged them into the Orbi.  I had forgotten where they were all connected, and did not bother to recheck.  It turns out I had the modem and Orbi connected with 2 cables...1 from the yellow LAN/WAN port and 1 from a regular LAN port.  For the life of me I don't know why I did that originally.  I disconnected the second cable.  Maybe...just maybe...that was part of my problem.

In any case, things are working smoothly so far.  Thank you to everyone for the suggestions.

Nice job.....now go enjoy your new toy

Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7