Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am done. Costco return policy?

Yld2rob
Luminary

I am done. Costco return policy?

I am done. I have a Gigabit connection. The Sats and Router were all working fine. With the latest firmware update, the Sats randomly drop what looks like the 5GHZ and downgrade anything connecting to it to 2.4GHZ. So I have to reboot the sats and every thing works fine. I have had this router over a year. Will costco take it back?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
st_shaw
Master

Re: I am done. Costco return policy?

With the latest firmware you need to move your router and sats closer together to maintain a consistent backhaul signal. If your system was working before and the latest update caused this behavior, there is most likely nothing wrong with your system.

Message 2 of 5
Yld2rob
Luminary

Thanks. It did happen after the update and the Sats are pretty close to the router already (25-30 feet) and I get a blue light on each sat at boot up. 

Message 3 of 5
st_shaw
Master

That sounds reasonably close.  However, numerous people that had working setups have had to move their Orbi devices closer together after the latest update, and things have been stable for them after they did so. If yours developed issues, then I would try moving them closer together, or shifting position to reduce the amount of building materials between them. Moving the sats and enabling daisy chain is also an option. 

Netgear really needs a better way to continuously monitor and report satellite connectivity. The blue light at bootup is just a single point in time. RF varies with time, so the light is not a good enough indicator.

Message 4 of 5
Taskmastr
Aspirant

This is not a restricted item for returns and can be returned to Costco anytime.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7