Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I cannot access my Orbi Outdoor Universal Satellite RBS50Y

NilsH
Aspirant

I cannot access my Orbi Outdoor Universal Satellite RBS50Y

Suddenly my ORBI RBS50Y started blinking blue and changed the SSID to NETGEAR. I have tried to reset it the normal way and also the 30-30-30 reset but nothing helps. Sometimes the default network SSID ORBI98 comes on-line but i cannot access the network despite having the correct default network passord. 

Is it broken or what can I do? 

Message 1 of 10
MarkRamos
Aspirant

Re: I cannot access my Orbi Outdoor Universal Satellite RBS50Y

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution Same issue still no fix to this.

I cant complete the set up as the network drops on average every minute and a half. It lasted up to 10 minutes ONCE and I went through the whole set up and then it disconnected. I thought it wouldn’t be an issue, as the orbi had had its firmware update and everything but now it’s not letting me connect to the network saying I have the incorrect password, and when I do manage to connect it says that the orbi is not set up and or that I do not have internet. I’ve gone through the set up process 3 times already and I’m beginning to regret my purchase.

Message 2 of 10
MarkRamos
Aspirant

If the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows: 

When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp).

While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.

While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.

This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting. (Source: https://www.router-reset.com/info/Netgear/Orbi-Outdoor-Satellite-RBS50Y).

Message 3 of 10
NilsH
Aspirant

Hi,

I have tried the 30-30-30 process as well, now I don't even see a network coming up. Since I had the Orbi configured as an extender in Mesh mode, what should the SSID be? The default Orbi or something else? I cannot see the network. 

Message 4 of 10
NilsH
Aspirant

This is exactly the same behaviour as I see. After the first reset there was an SSID NETGEAR.EXT but I could not login. After subsequent resets the was an ORBI SSID that then dissapeared and the password was said to be wrong. Now I cant even see the network but I can see that there is a hidden network, no idea what that network is or what the default passwork should be.

Message 5 of 10
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi BarryLynn,

I understand that you are having difficulties pairing your satellite to your wireless network. 

Please try the following:

• Ensure that your firmware is up to date. 
  • Bring the satellite close to the router on the initial pairing setup.

Let me know if this helps!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 6 of 10
NilsH
Aspirant

Hi Barry, 

The problem i have is even more fundamental, I cannot even connect to the Sattelite since I don't see any Orbi or Netgear network to connect to, just my router. 

Kind regards, Nils 

Message 7 of 10
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

@BarryLynn,

To log into the satellite bypassing the router connect to the satellite via ethernet cable then ensure it is up to date.

What is the model and firmware of your Orbi system?

@NilsH,

I understand that you are not able to see the broadcast SSID of your RBS50Y. In this case please try logging into your main Orbi network through the Orbi app. If the main system is communicating with the RBS50Y then you will be able to set it up via the Orbi app using the "add satellites" option. You can also achieve this by logging into your Orbi router.

Verify Connection with Orbi Router (Web GUI):

Basic>Attached devices. 

Verify Connection with Orbi Router (via Orbi App):

Tap the "Cloud icon" > ADD SATELLITE. 

Please ensure that your main Orbi system is on the latest release firmware. 

Best,

Kevin 

Community Team

Message 8 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@KevinLiT wrote:

@BarryLynn,

To log into the satellite bypassing the router connect to the satellite via Ethernet cable then ensure it is up to date.

The RBS50Y has no Ethernet port. This cannot be done.

Message 9 of 10
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

@CrimpOn

I'm not sure which device @BaryyLynn has. However, I gave a possible solution but inquired more about the system he is using. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7