Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I have updated multiple times without issues where others have had them and i have been ok

Nerfball
Tutor

I have updated multiple times without issues where others have had them and i have been ok

I know your pain on the firmware thing. I have updated multiple times without issues where others have had them and i have been ok.

This last update has been atrocious and everything I try as well seems to fail. Same exact issues as you. Sometimes the connection will just flicker and come back on. Sometimes it is a slightly longer time, but either way, it was just fine before the upgrade.

If it is recommended that the firmware be updated in a safer, more specific manner, maybe....just MAYBE Netgear should admit that they cannot get it right and take the auto upgrade out of the options. Better safe than sorry.

As an added bonus, I have one of the two satellites showing a line of something like 50 times when checking devices. I see my router RBR50, first Satellite in my computer area (wired backhaul) and the second satellite in the kitchen area like 50 times. No idea why.

TONS of complaints about firmware on the newer WiFi 6 systems. They have some crap wrong here.

Hope your issues are solved.

Message 1 of 2
PSUHammer
Luminary

Re: I have updated multiple times without issues where others have had them and i have been ok

The funny thing is I waited two days and things somewhat stabilized.   The first 24 hours were a disaster.   I started researching replacements (Google Wifi, Ubiquity, etc.) and when I was nearing a purchase, I found that the satellites and router started showing up as updated and stable.  Still, all config and device details needed rebuilt, but at least it eventually caught up with itself.   Not sure if it was the dozen or so reboots or resyncs or just waiting things out for a few days.

That said, I am definitely moving to a new tech.  Google Wifi has a new offering coming this year that I am waiting for.  I manage a team of network engineers and architects and everyone, so far, seems to be big fans of the simplicity and elegance of the Google ecosystem for basic network.  Not a candidate if you want to run some funky custom configs with DD-WRT or the like, but for a no touch/no hassle setup, they love it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7