Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IPV6 Needs fixing again.

RedBatman89
Guide

IPV6 Needs fixing again.

So I still have my rbk23 and I have to say that since frimware 2.5.1.16, there have been some IPV6 issues again. The couple of previous firmwares seem to have fixed it before but now on some machines it will say IPV6 Not availiable, while others it will be okay. The Windows computers in the houshold seem to be the most affected. If one machine has IPV6 availiable but the other one doesn't then if I restart on of them the IPV6 will be availbe for the one that didn't have it prevosily. Oddly even though it says unavailible the IPV6 adressses still appear. Now my Linux machines seem unaffected by this, as well as any android, iphone, or game consoles devices so far. I upgraded the firmware to 2.6.1.36 to see if that fixed it but after a week it happened again. At first I tought it was Comcast since they are my ISP, but given the oddity of this issue I think its more of a firmware thing. Please fix this Netgear. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: IPV6 Needs fixing again.

Be sure it's NOT an ISP or IPv6 configuration issue first as it may not be a FW issue. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@RedBatman89 wrote:

So I still have my rbk23 and I have to say that since frimware 2.5.1.16, there have been some IPV6 issues again. The couple of previous firmwares seem to have fixed it before but now on some machines it will say IPV6 Not availiable, while others it will be okay. The Windows computers in the houshold seem to be the most affected. If one machine has IPV6 availiable but the other one doesn't then if I restart on of them the IPV6 will be availbe for the one that didn't have it prevosily. Oddly even though it says unavailible the IPV6 adressses still appear. Now my Linux machines seem unaffected by this, as well as any android, iphone, or game consoles devices so far. I upgraded the firmware to 2.6.1.36 to see if that fixed it but after a week it happened again. At first I tought it was Comcast since they are my ISP, but given the oddity of this issue I think its more of a firmware thing. Please fix this Netgear. 

Message 2 of 4
RedBatman89
Guide

@FURRYe38 

Well I tried adjusting the settings and so far it hasn't done it again. But I haven't restarted my Windows PC in almost 2 weeks so there is that too. I think Netgear needs to tweak thier next firmware update a little. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG support about then. 
Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7