Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: If I put my Orbi AX6000 in bridge mode will it turn off the satellites

ogdl
Follower

If I put my Orbi AX6000 in bridge mode will it turn off the satellites

Hi - I am getting mixed answers. My service provider Atlantic Broadband told me to put my Orbi in bridge mode or my Tivo and on demand wont work - but when I call Netgear they say if I put it in bridge mode the satellites will turn off. Any advice on how to accomplish both.

I currently dont have it in bridge mode and it is super buggy and not performing well. I have to believe it is because two routers are competing.

P.S. I have no technical skills - so please provide a layperson answer 🙂

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

I think they probably mean access point mode. Access point mode won't interfere with your satellites. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

RBS work in router more AP mode, 

Good Luck. 

@ogdl wrote:

Hi - I am getting mixed answers. My service provider Atlantic Broadband told me to put my Orbi in bridge mode or my Tivo and on demand wont work - but when I call Netgear they say if I put it in bridge mode the satellites will turn off. Any advice on how to accomplish both.

I currently dont have it in bridge mode and it is super buggy and not performing well. I have to believe it is because two routers are competing.

P.S. I have no technical skills - so please provide a layperson answer 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7