Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

If your having constant drops, try this

NoWiFi4U
Star

If your having constant drops, try this

I have been having constant satellite drops over the last 6+ months. daily, sometimes hourly drops that required a hard rest of the satellites. 

Here is what solved it for me. 

- My old set up had the main router in the living room which was in the center of the house. The 2 satellites were on opposite ends of the house. I tried daisy chain off and on... (actually, I tried ALL the troubleshooting tech).

- I moved the main router to my bedroom, a satellite in the living room and a satellite in the far bedroom. I have daisy chain on. I have had GREAT performance over the last week... YES! A WHOLE WEEK... without 1 drop. I am amazed at how well it's working. 

So the question is... does having the main router in the middle affect the overall performance? it did for me...how about you>>?

Keeping my fingers crossed it stays good. 

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 4
BobDuke
Apprentice

Re: If your having constant drops, try this

How far apart were the router & satellites before? 

How far apart are they now? 

Message 2 of 4
NoWiFi4U
Star

Same exact distance as before.  25ft. 

still working great:)

Message 3 of 4
BobDuke
Apprentice

I'm glad it's working. 

The reason I ask is because I wonder how many of the problems being experienced are due to the units being too close together. 

Mine are about 60 feet apart, opposite corners, on different floors.  The signal goes through various walls,  plus a floor with steel beams and HVAC ducts.  If I turn off the satellite, I still get adequate coverage for the entire living quarters, but not some of the outside areas I want covered. 

It would be interesting to see what happens if you turn off your middle satellite unit. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7