Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Improvements needed in attached devices listing

wilderw
Guide

Improvements needed in attached devices listing

I notice a variance in the attached devices listing when requested from the router. Sometimes (rarely) it will explicitly show devices attached to the satellite (at the bottom of the router listing). This seems most likely following the edit of a device name.

However most of the time this listing is simply the attached devices with no clue as to which might be attached to the satellite.

Netgear - might you give this display some attention on the next firmware revision? While you're at it - perhaps show the band each device is attached to as well. This would be immensely helpful to many people trying to troubleshoot connection issues.

If there's a better place to post enhancement requests or note buggy behaviour, please let me know.

Bill

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Re: Improvements needed in attached devices listing

hi

netgear dev team have at this time chosen to set the attach devices list to simple mode in the last few firmware updates , you can however check whats connected to each sat by accessing each sats web page by its ip address

why they have chosen to do this is beyond me and i have asked for it to be changed back but yet no action

Message 2 of 4
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

To consistantly bring up the alternate listing, click on any device name to enter the device edit screen, click in the device name box, then press <enter> instead of clicking on the apply button.  Don't know if this works for everyone.

Now we need to find out how to display band.

Message 3 of 4

ORBI3.JPGWow i thought i was the only one that noticed that. Great post and great ideas for future firmware updates. ORBI 2.JPG

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7