Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet dropping

Mordeeb
Tutor

Internet dropping

I have an orbi RBR50 with 1 sat RBS50 and it's been solid for over 2 years but now I have an issue where the wifi internet drops. I have a laptop hard wired into the RBS50 and the internet stays on with hardwire but for all the wifi devices hitting that it fails. The only quick fix is to reboot the main router the RBR50 and then wifi comes back. I am on V2.7.2.104. When the internet goes out and I log into the router the sat says "no internet" under firmware update. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
EBaron74
Aspirant

Hi 

Recently this has also been an issue for me. Wondering if it has to do with the firmware v.2.6.2.104, updted last month. Previously never had this issue

Message 2 of 11
Mordeeb
Tutor

I am wondering if just shutting off the sat would make a difference? 

Message 3 of 11
vajim
Master

please do a search in this forum

V2.7.2.104 is faulty and Netgear is working on a fix.

Message 4 of 11
Mordeeb
Tutor

so downgrade or just wait for patch? 

Message 5 of 11
vajim
Master

@Mordeeb wrote:

so downgrade or just wait for patch? 

your choice

the note from the moderator here said it was tied to the DST & the Traffic Monitor

Hi Orbi Community, 

Engineering was able to discover the cause of this issue and they are working on a fix in regards to the disconnections. 

The issue comes from Traffic meter while daylight saving is enabled. The quick workaround is to disable the traffic meter. 

To disable traffic meter:
Access orbilogin.com > go to ADVANCED Tab > Advanced Setup > Traffic Meter and uncheck Traffic Meter

We appreciate all your cooperation and patience working with us. We will provide update once we have the fix firmware.  

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 6 of 11

I've been runing the latest firmware with DST on and traffic meter off but the issue is still persisting for most of my devices. This is the 5... 6th day of troubleshooting and the issue is not going away. Google search seems to take twice as long, and for various apps I keep getting a disconnect error. For Discord, it takes about a good 10 seconds to post in the chat, about 30 seconds to a minute just to load up the members list. If its not those issues, Discord will just disconnect and reconnect.

The workaround kind of works but it only works for about 60% of the time.

Message 7 of 11
dchopp1
Aspirant

Same issue here. Internet drops very frequently for the last 5 days. Have to reboot the router to fix it. The internet status shows offline.

Looking at the forums, turned off the traffic meter and the internet is back without having to restart. Not sure how long it will last this time.

Spending lot of time to troubleshoot. Painful.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 11
gwiz1230
Aspirant

Still seems to be an issue.  Do we know if there is a fix on the way?

Message 10 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

I have never seen information from Netgear about future firmware releases.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7