Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the Orbi RBK23 okay for a 1400-1500 square foot three story house?

RedBatman89
Guide

Is the Orbi RBK23 okay for a 1400-1500 square foot three story house?

Hi so I bought the orbi mini router with two satteltites on Amazon back in July since I needed it since my Desktop needs a wired connection and I used to have two modems in my house but thanks to Comcast one of them decided to stop working, It was also on sale, but either way I needed this system for my house. Now my Desktop is located away from the main modem and router from my house and I cannot put it downstaris due to it being an office and no more room for an extra desktop. 

So when I setup the main system I had no issues and to make sure there was enoguh room and distance since my house is a three stories and 1500 sq ft I had decided to use Wifi Overview 360 to help my coverage. My first Satellite is about -70dbm from the main router for its 5GHZ connection so its back haul is good, and my secound one is about -60 to -65 from the main router with also good back haul. So all in all I think its good distance since my house did have some low siganl areas with just one router.

I do notice from time to time that my speed which is normall 250 mbps down and 10up is good from the main router and is good usually from the sattleities, though it does fluctuate given certain times during the day. Only issue I had was tonight when my sattleities got reall low speed and even a ful power cycle of unlpugging the modem and rebooting the main router took longer than usual since the main router I think was blinking for about 3 to 4 minutes before stopping which I think was too long though it might have been an ISP issue I beleive. 

Point is that I know some people may conisder this setup over kill but givien the distance and I have turned off fast roaming and MU-MIMO I think its fine but I would like to hear some input, as long as I don't get frequent disconnects or connection issues I should be fine right? 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is the Orbi RBK23 okay for a 1400-1500 square foot three story house?

Should be fine, just using a router and 1 satellite. 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7