×

Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973
Reply

Is there a MacOS Orbi app or web-interface from which I can admin my new Orbi system?

ArmedLeftist
Aspirant

Is there a MacOS Orbi app or web-interface from which I can admin my new Orbi system?

Apologies in advance. This question has already been asked but.......is there? 

 

We have a computer that cannot see the new network (despite the SSID and password same as previous). I cannot firgure out how to admin white/black lists and I think that may be the problem,

 

Thanks very much.

 

 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is there a MacOS Orbi app or web-interface from which I can admin my new Orbi system?

Web broswer pointed to orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 will get you the management page of the RBR. 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Is there a MacOS Orbi app or web-interface from which I can admin my new Orbi system?


@ArmedLeftist wrote:

Apologies in advance. This question has already been asked but.......is there? 

 

We have a computer that cannot see the new network (despite the SSID and password same as previous). I cannot firgure out how to admin white/black lists and I think that may be the problem,


How was the new Orbi system configured?

  • Using the Orbi "app"?
  • Using a web browser and the Orbi web interface?

Is this the only WiFi device that is unable to connect to the Orbi WiFi?

 

On the Orbi, white/black lists are called "Access Control", which is found on the Orbi web interface Advanced Tab under "Security".

The default (out of the box) setting is for access control to be disabled.

There is a different method on the Orbi "app" to "Pause" a device..  (One of the bewildering features of Orbi is how the same thing is named differently: "Attached Devices" on the router.  "Connected Devices" on the satellite.  Access Control (allowed/blocked) on the web interface.  "Pause" on the "app".)

Message 3 of 7
ArmedLeftist
Aspirant

Re: Is there a MacOS Orbi app or web-interface from which I can admin my new Orbi system?

Orbi system configured with app on iOS device. I'd like to also be able to admin via my Mac (whatever is closest at hand)

 

Have been unble to find a "Web Interface" though I hve found (paid-for) the Insight service thinking that might be it, but I cannot find the URL for actually getting to that service. I can only find Insight marketing sites.

 

Thus far it is the only know device unable to see the network. That said, we have close to a hundred IoT devices in the house ( Sonos, Hue, Ring, Flo, Purple Air, desktops, laptops, 4k tvs, etc.), many of which do not provied UIs to inform that they cannot see the network, others that seemingly have just not connected to the network...yet (at least, that's what I assume about not being able to see them).

 

The probelmatic Windows-based laptop has never had a problem connecting to the previous Linkysy ac/mesh network with the sme name and password. We did have a couple of other devices that asked us to log-in again, but on those devices the new (Orbi) network could be seen.

 

Yes, there were differences between the Linksys iOS app and the web-interface. too. Hence why I wondered if the issue might only be resolvable via the web. I will recheck the iOS app. I still wonder how to get to the web interface (same as "Insight?) though.

 

Thanks very much for your response.

Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Is there a MacOS Orbi app or web-interface from which I can admin my new Orbi system?

From any device connected to the Orbi (wired or wireless), open a web browser and connect to

http://orbilogin.net

I, personally, connect to the Orbi using its IP address, which is usually 192.168.1.1.

On a Windows computer, the DOS command ipconfig /all will show the "gateway IP address", which is the Orbi's internal LAN address.

i.e. http://<ip of Orbi>

Message 5 of 7
ArmedLeftist
Aspirant

Re: Is there a MacOS Orbi app or web-interface from which I can admin my new Orbi system?

Excellent! Thanks!

 

I'd forgotten about just going to the IP address for the router. Thanks for that reminder.


@CrimpOn wrote:

From any device connected to the Orbi (wired or wireless), open a web browser and connect to

http://orbilogin.net

I, personally, connect to the Orbi using its IP address, which is usually 192.168.1.1.

On a Windows computer, the DOS command ipconfig /all will show the "gateway IP address", which is the Orbi's internal LAN address.

i.e. http://<ip of Orbi>


 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is there a MacOS Orbi app or web-interface from which I can admin my new Orbi system?

Hopefully this help you get in. 


@FURRYe38 wrote:

Web broswer pointed to orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 will get you the management page of the RBR. 


 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5595 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7