Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is there a way to be notified when an existing device connects to the network?

das998
Follower

Is there a way to be notified when an existing device connects to the network?

Our mail was stolen today by an old tenant. I caught it on camera. The reason I even checked the camera was because I was notified via Orbi that a new device had connected to our WiFi. The "new device" was actually the same iphone that the old tenant had. I had deleted all his devices from the network after he moved out. I can't tell if Orbi automatically connected it (can't imagine that it would...) or if he tried to connect as he was stealing the mail...

Anyway, is there any way to track when that device is active on my wifi again without deleting the device from the network and waiting for it to reappear? I don't want to delete it off the network in case USPS or PD needs more information about it. Not even sure if this question makes sense.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Is there a way to be notified when an existing device connects to the network?

If an old tenant is willing to steal your mail and has your wifi password. I'd be changing my wifi password. Fairly quickly. 

The security cameras are a better idea than just waiting and letting them connect. 

Plus if you already know who they are and have them on camera, you should be either talking to the police or sending them a message. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7