Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with Orbi Firmware Update from 2.3.5.30 to 2.5.1.8 not truly updating.

vk01pate
Follower

Issues with Orbi Firmware Update from 2.3.5.30 to 2.5.1.8 not truly updating.

Hey All!

I am trying to update the firmware of my Orbi via the Orbi app. It tells me that I have a firmware update and I click the button to update it. It goes through all the steps of checking new firmware, downloading, installing, rebooting and then verifying that I am connected and then it tells me its has been successfull. I have done this 6 times now and its not truly updating the firmware. After multiple attempts to update the firmware, everytime I check to see if its truly been updated the version still states the old 2.3.5.30 version. Are there any fixes for this issue?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Issues with Orbi Firmware Update from 2.3.5.30 to 2.5.1.8 not truly updating.

@vk01pate wrote:

Hey All!

I am trying to update the firmware of my Orbi via the Orbi app. It tells me that I have a firmware update and I click the button to update it. It goes through all the steps of checking new firmware, downloading, installing, rebooting and then verifying that I am connected and then it tells me its has been successfull. I have done this 6 times now and its not truly updating the firmware. After multiple attempts to update the firmware, everytime I check to see if its truly been updated the version still states the old 2.3.5.30 version. Are there any fixes for this issue?

Thanks! 

IF your system is working, leave it alone. No need to manually perform a FW update.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issues with Orbi Firmware Update from 2.3.5.30 to 2.5.1.8 not truly updating.

If you want to update FW, manually download the FW files from here 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

Be sure to unpack the .zip files to reveal the FW install file. 

Then use a wired PC and web browser and log in to the RBS and RBRs web pages and manually send the FW files. Update the RBS first then the RBR lastly.

It's recommended to factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch afterwords to ensure the FW gets installed well and any mis-configurations are cleared out. 

@vk01pate wrote:

Hey All!

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

OBTW....there are known issues with 2.5.1.8 

you may want to re-think your desire to upgrade.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Problem-after-Orbi-RBR50-firmware-update-to-2-5-1-8/m-p/186538...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7