Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LAN/Ethernet name question

krf007
Star

LAN/Ethernet name question

First:  I install the Orbi system in my house within a few days of them being available and the system has worked very well for me and has eliminated dead/slow wifi zones in my house and outside patio.  It was put to a test over the Thanksgiving weekend when at one time, over 30 devices were connected and no one had any wifi issues. 

My question for this forum is in regards to the LAN/Ethernet name.  In my setup, I have a desktop computer that is connect to the Orbi Router by an Ethernet cable.  All the other devices (about 12 of them) are connected by wifi.  The SSID name listed on the router is ORBI19.  During the setup, I changed the name to what I wanted and all worked fine.  The Lan/Ethernet name stayed the same (ORBI19).  With all other wireless routers I have used (and there have been several), the LAN/Ethernet name changed to wifi name, but not with the ORBI.  This is NOT a problem, I am just curious.  I went completely through the setup pages and the only name changes I could find were the name of the router (RBR50). 

I am guessing that the ORBI19 name is fixed to help with any problems when resetting the units down the road.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: LAN/Ethernet name question

I don't know why the LAN/Ethernet name is not changing (or equally why it did change previously), but it's a Windows network profile thing.  You can rename the profile (link).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7