Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lan TCP/IP Setup

arldent3300
Aspirant

Lan TCP/IP Setup

Help please.  I tried to change the IP address in the LAN Setup, LAN TCP/IP Setup to a different number, clicked "apply", sat there and waited for a good five minutes and nothing, absolutely NOTHING happened.  Clicked "cancel" and it responded immediately.  Tried several times with no success and this is not my first time setting up a new router or network either. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
ebizman
Aspirant

Same deal here on my Orbi. Cannot change the default private LAN IP address. "Apply" does not apply/submit the form. Need to change this as I have some reserved internal addresses.
Message 2 of 7
epottercg
Aspirant

I have a workaround. The issue seems to be that Javascript isn't listening for the button click for whatever reason. Here's how to force the page to submit:

(Tested with FF but might be able to translate these instructions into Chrome, etc)

1. Fill out the form as required by your set up.
  2. Use the developer console (right-click, inspect element) to find the <form> element in the page. This is the form that wraps your input.
  3. Right click the <form> tag in the DOM window
  4. Select 'Use in console'
  5. This will open the JS console with a variable 'temp0' entered into the prompt. Pressing return on the prompt should print the <form> html.
  6. Enter into the prompt the name of the variable you were given, followed by a call to the method 'submit'. For instance: temp0.submit()
  7. Press return. Your new IP address space will be submitted.

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for writing these instructions - what a pain just to be able to submit a buggy form!

Unfortunately I couldn't get the last two steps of your instructions to work 😞 Firefox displays the variable name, and if I press Enter it displays the form element in the HTML, but if I then add .submit to the end of the variable name, nothing happens still 😞

Running 1.8.0.6 of the Orbi firmware.

I can't believe this button isn't hooked up properly (nor why router configs insist on lots of crazy JavaScript instead of simple HTML forms) and it's preventing me from getting my Orbi to swap out my previous router without having to reconfigure everything on the network.

Help! 😞

Message 4 of 7
ebizman
Aspirant

+1

I just submitted a ticket for this issue and suggest all of you do the same - squeaky wheel.  This should be an easy fix.   Perhaps the default 192.168.1.1 scheme is fine for most folks, however, I have a lot of devices on my network and several (printers, IP cameras, etc.) have reserved IP addresses and this is a real pain. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

'Good' news: I was following the instructions wrong - I was typing .submit instead of .submit() - when I added the brackets, it worked.

Bad news: Somehow this broke my network, so I started over and spent time reconfiguring all my local devices to play nice with the default Orbi network - zzz 😞

I'm pretty sure the instructions you gave make sense though - perhaps I inadvertently unchecked the 'enable DHCP' box or something. It has been a long and painful process that could have been avoided if the darn button worked in the first place!

Thanks for the help again

Message 6 of 7
epottercg
Aspirant

I did the exact same facepalm. Turned off DHCP and then submitted the form. This of course caused me to have no IP address. But I was able to give myself a static IP and manually set the gateway to get back to the admin site. The method I outlined above DOES work and I'm happily on my custom subnet now

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7