× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Laptop connects to new Orbi router but is not picking up internet.

Jesssmith3222
Follower

Laptop connects to new Orbi router but is not picking up internet.

We just got this new orbi router, with 3 pods. 1 router, 2 satellites. All TVs connect and we can stream, get online with ps4. For whatever reason my laptop will pick up the WiFi but not the internet. My printer won’t pick up WiFi at all. What’s going on? Do I need the satellites, considering my house is only 1700sq ft? The system is meant to cover 4500. The system is RBK13-100NA Orbi mesh WiFi system 3pack
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Laptop connects to new Orbi router but is not picking up internet.

@Jesssmith3222 wrote:
We just got this new orbi router, with 3 pods. 1 router, 2 satellites. All TVs connect and we can stream, get online with ps4. For whatever reason my laptop will pick up the WiFi but not the internet. My printer won’t pick up WiFi at all. What’s going on? Do I need the satellites, considering my house is only 1700sq ft? The system is meant to cover 4500. The system is RBK13-100NA Orbi mesh WiFi system 3pack

If the laptop is physically close to the Orbi base unit, then of course a satellite is not required.

It might be helpful to describe more about what happens when the laptop is connected to the Orbi WiFi.

i.e. Does the laptop receive an IP address? (mind sharing what it is?)

Does the laptop report having an Internet Gateway IP address (often 192.168.1.1) and a DNS IP address (also often 192.168.1.1)?

Different printers have various ways to get connected to WiFi.  Knowing the specific model might help diagnose what is going on.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7