Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latest firmware question rbr40 / rbw30

Capt1961
Aspirant

Latest firmware question rbr40 / rbw30

When I do a firmware check I get no new versions available. 

Check if a new firmware version is available on the Internet.

Model NameDevice NameCurrent VersionStatus
RouterRBR40RBR40V2.3.5.34No new firmware version available.
SatelliteRBW30Orbi Satellite-1V2.3.5.6No new firmware version available.

However the Netgear site lists V2.5.1.16 and V2.5.0.2 as the latest versions. I’m from the UK and was wondering if these versions ar US only versions. Is it safe to upgrade my system or should I rely on the online version check? I don’t want to break it if these newer versions are not for the UK 

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Tenoates
Tutor

Re: Latest firmware question rbr40 / rbw30

The firmware check via the orbilogin dashboard doesn't update properly based on my experience. I was using that for some time only to find out by checking directly on the netgear support page that my firmware was 3 versions behind already.

I think the firmware applies to all units since the UK page redirects you to the main netgear home when you click on the product support link.

make sure you donwload the firmware for sat and router separately and apply them separately as well. you hav eto take note of the download links because they both have the same file name. Just save them to separate folders.
In any case, the firmware for the sat will not be accepted if you apply it to the router and vice versa. Firmware update will not proceed.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Tenoates
Tutor

The firmware check via the orbilogin dashboard doesn't update properly based on my experience. I was using that for some time only to find out by checking directly on the netgear support page that my firmware was 3 versions behind already.

I think the firmware applies to all units since the UK page redirects you to the main netgear home when you click on the product support link.

make sure you donwload the firmware for sat and router separately and apply them separately as well. you hav eto take note of the download links because they both have the same file name. Just save them to separate folders.
In any case, the firmware for the sat will not be accepted if you apply it to the router and vice versa. Firmware update will not proceed.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 4
Capt1961
Aspirant

Many thanks. I thought that the firmware was the same as like you say the UK site redirects to the .com site. Just wanted some reassurance before taking the plunge.

Will update in a few days when back home due to this coronavirus isolation.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

@Capt1961 wrote:
Many thanks. I thought that the firmware was the same as like you say the UK site redirects to the .com site. Just wanted some reassurance before taking the plunge.

Will update in a few days when back home due to this coronavirus isolation.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7