Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmware

mastervisa30
Luminary

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

is there any links,do we get link to help beta test?

so is there any beta testing firmware links?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 126 of 494
mastervisa30
Luminary

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community,when do i got the links to firmware beta?using rbk53

Message 127 of 494
mwalkerwells
Initiate

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community

Message 128 of 494
Crazydave
Aspirant

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 129 of 494
mtappert
Aspirant

I'd love to get to test this.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 130 of 494
wchp
Luminary

Message 131 of 494
Supertramp11
Luminary

Message 132 of 494
diehlr
Aspirant

Message 133 of 494
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

@ChristineT wrote:

Greetings @RocketSquirrel

Thank you for your interest in participating!  Are there specific issues that you are experiencing that I can ask the engineering team to confirm has been fixed in this release?  

Thank you kindly,

Christine

Yes, @ChristineT, a couple of issues. Thanks for asking.

1. Setting up wired backhaul is a long, frustrating process. Instructions imply it should "just work", but users (including me) have experienced network storms and long waits for stabilization before wired backhaul begins to work.

2. Wired Orbis tend not to recover after a power glitch, bringing down the entire LAN. They require tender loving care and quite a bit of time to get back up and running. A split-second power glitch has caused me to spend 30-60 minutes baby-sitting my network to get it up again. (I now have all 3 Orbis on UPSes.)

3. The QOS GUI page confuses users because there's nothing there but a speed test.

Message 134 of 494
rex_
Aspirant

Message 135 of 494
couili
Aspirant

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community.
I have a RBK40 Orbi system.

Message 136 of 494
TenaciousT60201
Aspirant

Sign me up. 

I have 1 router and three statelites. 70 devices.

Message 137 of 494
toe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Exactly. I will not be interested in testing the beta firmware unless it fixes all the convergence issues with wired backhaul

Message 138 of 494
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @toe,

I can confirm we have seen some positive feedback about backhaul functionality but would really appreciate your feedback. I'd be happy to provide access this beta forum if you're interested. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Kind Regards,

Christine 

Message 139 of 494
poyzen
Aspirant

I always have issues with the wired backhaul coming back up after a system reboot or power outage.  To fix the issue I have to physically disconnect the ethernet cable from the Orbi Satellite (RBS50).  Then reboot the Orbi Satellite to allow it to establish a wireless connection with the Orbi Router (RBR50).  After a wireless connection is established and shows as a "Connected Satellite" under attached devices I can then reconnect the ethernet cable to the Orbi Satellite.  2-5 minutes later it then shows wired as the "Connection Type".  At that point everything is back to normal.

Message 140 of 494
mkenny28
Apprentice

@ChristineT wrote:

Greetings Orbi Community,

We are looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing current and upcoming Orbi firmware to help broaden our scope of use cases in real environments. We are kicking off this beta testing program with OrbiOS Rel. 2.2 that is currently available for testing. This release contains the following:

• Significant bug fixes for stability & performance
  • Update on Guest WiFi Schedule usability

Please note: This Beta Firmware is available only for RBR50 & RBS50. Beta firmware for other Orbi systems will be available soon.

If you’d like to participate and provide feedback in our Orbi Beta Firmware Community please post a reply to this topic with “I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community” to be granted access. By requesting to participate, you agree to share your feedback strictly within the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. You will receive a private message once your username has been added as a participant.

We look forward to working with you!

Orbi Team

I'd like to participate for sure!

Message 141 of 494
ARCollosi
Aspirant

I have a RBK50 Orbi system.
Message 142 of 494
toe
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ChristineT OK - I am interested in testing the beta if fixes the wired backhaul LED issue.

Message 143 of 494
toe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Message 144 of 494
charlie190
Guide

Message 145 of 494
ajshurts
Apprentice

Message 146 of 494
wimmme
Tutor

Message 147 of 494
GavinD9V4
Aspirant

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community - thanks

Message 148 of 494
Bspencer2130
Tutor

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community - thanks

Message 149 of 494
Westchase7
Aspirant

Message 150 of 494
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7