Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Make version number & updater more accessible

DSchwartz
Follower

Make version number & updater more accessible

Please make the version number of the Orbi firmware (and the mechanism to update it) easier to find in the iOS app. It is completely non-intuitive to locate, and I waste much time searching for it whenever an update reminds me to upgrade.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Make version number & updater more accessible

@DSchwartz wrote:

Please make the version number of the Orbi firmware (and the mechanism to update it) easier to find in the iOS app. It is completely non-intuitive to locate, and I waste much time searching for it whenever an update reminds me to upgrade.

Sorry to report that as far as I can tell, no one from Netgear participates in their "community" forums.  This a site where customers ask and answer questions when their 90 days of "complimentary support" have expired.  In other words, no one will hear this request.

Just as an aside, there have been numerous posts in the forum about the "app" and firmware updates, usually not in a happy way.

My own practice is if I somehow become aware of a possible firmware update, I watch the community forum for some time to see how "early adopters" are reporting the firmware update went for them.  In one instance, the new firmware was pulled back by Netgear before I got convinced it was safe to install.  Another time, I waited over a month.  I have another Orbi that is physically 3,000 miles away and remains on firmware 2.3.5.30 and working fine.

When I decide it is safe to update Orbi firmware, I always use the web interface; never the "app".  Again, too many reports of problems.

Anyway, maybe it is a good thing that it is not easy to rush into new firmware.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Make version number & updater more accessible

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

More apt to fine reponces there for the app.

Good Luck.

@DSchwartz wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7