Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Model Setup Rx

Dmv10
Aspirant

Model Setup Rx

Netgear Orbi Mini AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi System, 2-pack. I recently bought this at Costco. It arrived the same day verizon came to setup our internet in our new home. I connected the Ethernet cable from Verizon to the Ethernet port. During setup it was able to recognize the satellite but I keep getting an error message that no internet is detected. Verizon person tested the cable on his laptop and confirmed its working. Not sure what to do, I called Orbi customer support to ask if this required a modem and they didn’t think so considering I was connected right to the Ethernet cable coming into the home. We walked through the setup again on the app and then through the internet IP address to get to advanced settings. Please help I’m not terribly tech savvy. - Dana
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the model # of your Orbi system? RBK##, i.e. RBK50, 40, 30? 

Message 2 of 5
Dmv10
Aspirant

RBK22
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the main Orbi forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@Dmv10 wrote:
Netgear Orbi Mini AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi System, 2-pack. I recently bought this at Costco. It arrived the same day verizon came to setup our internet in our new home. I connected the Ethernet cable from Verizon to the Ethernet port. During setup it was able to recognize the satellite but I keep getting an error message that no internet is detected. Verizon person tested the cable on his laptop and confirmed its working. Not sure what to do, I called Orbi customer support to ask if this required a modem and they didn’t think so considering I was connected right to the Ethernet cable coming into the home. We walked through the setup again on the app and then through the internet IP address to get to advanced settings. Please help I’m not terribly tech savvy. - Dana

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7