Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Modem suggestions please for Orbi RBK50

Orbi-fan143
Aspirant

Modem suggestions please for Orbi RBK50

I have an Orbi RBK50 AC3000 Set up at home with a single satellite. I am not happy with my current modem and I want to upgrade and I am looking for modem suggestions. I am happy to pay for quality as long as it is compatible with my Orbi. 

Does any have any recommendations please ?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Modem suggestions please for Orbi RBK50

I've used both the CM1000 and the CM1100 with orbi and both worked well without any drops/problems .

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

I would look for a DOCSIS 3.1 modem (future proofing) that is on the internet service provider list of approved modems.  If the company does not say "it works", then they will not respond to any  problems.  Every ISP I know of has a web site listing the approved modems.

Message 2 of 7
Orbi-fan143
Aspirant

Much appreciated, thank you

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

I've used both the CM1000 and the CM1100 with orbi and both worked well without any drops/problems .

Message 4 of 7
j1n
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a few questions for you:

1) What ISP do you have,
2) What modem are you currently using (A modem you purchased yourself, An ISP-supplied modem (or modem-wireless router combo)?
3) What internet speed are you paying for?
4) What specifically are you “not happy” about with your current modem?
Message 5 of 7
Orbi-fan143
Aspirant

It is a standard ISP supplied modem. My current modem drops out and is sluggish. It recently went down for five days for no apparent reason. My speed is 100/40.
Message 6 of 7
j1n
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was going to say most ISP modems in my experience aren’t very good and it’s best to buy your own (as stated above, a 3.1 DOCSIS modem is what to get if you want to future proof). Make sure you return the ISP’s modem if they charge you a rental fee (most still do from my understanding).
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7