Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Movies not showing up on attached devices

RetNavy
Aspirant

Movies not showing up on attached devices

I just bought the Orbi and love it. Great device compared to the WIFI extenders. I'm not expert on networking but know enough to be dangerous. OK, I've installed a 2 TB passport device to the Orbi USB port. I copied one movie on the passport just to test it out and I can see and play the movie on all my MAC PC's but the Passport does not show up on my Smart TV's. The Orbi share settings show the passport (Hense I can play them from my PC's) but no go on my Smart TV's. Any idea's on the fix would be great. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Hydro130
Luminary

Re: Movies not showing up on attached devices

The USB port is not currently enabled.  

I don't know what Netgear's plans are for it, but right now, it is not enabled for use.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
loomis1975
Luminary

Where are you seeing the share settings?  Last I knew, the usb ports were not supported yet (as in they have no function whatsoever) in the lastest firmware.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 4
RetNavy
Aspirant

When I go into the router settings and "Attached Devices" the Satellite router says "ReadyShare" but can not access the files on it. Maybe after 8 hours of troubleshooting you may be on to something. If you have anyother ideas please feel free to respond. In the mean time I think since they are new I'll give tech support a shot at it also. 

Message 3 of 4
Hydro130
Luminary

The USB port is not currently enabled.  

I don't know what Netgear's plans are for it, but right now, it is not enabled for use.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7