Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Moving to Singapore. Will my Orbi work with power there?

Morgwee
Follower

Moving to Singapore. Will my Orbi work with power there?

Hi Guys,

I recently bought my Orbi RBK50 from Amazon and absolutely love it, it has saved my life on a number of occasions.

I have just learnt that I have successfully secured a new role in Singapore, and wondered if my Orbi will operate over there considering the different power supply. What I have learnt from one of the websites is that their power is 230V at a frequency of 50 Hz.

I have recieved mixed information that these would still work, and I just need to change the power adaptor. Can someone please confirm that is the case? I understand that Orbi supports 100V to 240V. Just want confirmation, and definitely dont want to have to buy new units all over again.

Thanks

Matt

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
martyfp
Luminary

Re: Moving to Singapore. Will my Orbi work with power there?

Check out this thread....   there's a picture of the power supply info which states that it will work with 230V/50Hz

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Power-supply-for-Portugal/m-p/1509123#M23938

You should check the label on yours is the same. If so then the power supply will work in Singapore (& your Orbi will be fine too).

Depending on where you're based currently, you may need to buy a plug-socket adapter.  I think Singapore uses UK style three pin plugs. 

Oh and good luck in Singapore. It's a fantastic place.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7