Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple 2.5.1 Firmware Updates?

Orbi-wan_Kinobi
Initiate

Multiple 2.5.1 Firmware Updates?

Hello, i have a question regarding the 2.5.1 firmware update.  I have an Orbi router with 3 Orbit satellites and the Orbi app indicated that an update needed to be done.  But the update runs multiple times as if it hasn't been completed.  Is this because the update has to run once for each of the ORBI components of my network (i.e. 4 times)?  I've run it 4 times and when i look at the details for the various ORBI units, only 2 of them are at 2.5.1.  The others are 2.3.5.30.  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Multiple 2.5.1 Firmware Updates?

Best way to ensure FW is updated correctly is to manually download the FW files:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

Update the RBS first then RBR lastly. You can apply FW updates on the RBS web page. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Best way to ensure FW is updated correctly is to manually download the FW files:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

Update the RBS first then RBR lastly. You can apply FW updates on the RBS web page. 

Message 2 of 4
Orbi-wan_Kinobi
Initiate

Thanks Furrye38!!!   I accessed my router through my Mac's browser instead of my iPad (using the app) and i was able to get to the manual update.  And as you indicated, running the update from there fixed the problem.  All my devices are at the 2.5.1 now.  Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements