Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My App nor my computer can find the Orbi Wifi.

MelQ
Aspirant

My App nor my computer can find the Orbi Wifi.

My Orbi was working perfectly fine until yesterday.

Internet modem is working perfectly. The App on my phone cannot find the Orbi. When attempting to join the Orbi Network, it says I cannot join. My Laptop cannot find the wifi of the Orbi, even after factory reset. And i tried to hardline the Orbi to my laptop and was unsuccessful. I have no idea what to do at this point. 

Orbi power is on and I have tried another Ethernet cable. I have hit the reset on my Orbi Router as well as my 2 satellites and still nothing. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: My App nor my computer can find the Orbi Wifi.

@MelQ wrote:

My Laptop cannot find the wifi of the Orbi, even after factory reset. And i tried to hardline the Orbi to my laptop and was unsuccessful. I have no idea what to do at this point. 

After a Factory Reset the Orbi WiFi will be set to the WiFi SSID/password that is printed on the product label.

Can you please describe the sequence of ring light patterns as the router boots up?

The total sequence takes just under 3 minutes and involves the white light going ON..OFF..ON..OFF for a while, then fading on, fading off, fading, fading off for a while and then finally going out.

Message 2 of 7
MelQ
Aspirant

That is exactly what it does! on off on off, slow fading and then it turns off. even after that, my phone nor my computer can see the orbi. 

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@MelQ wrote:

That is exactly what it does! on off on off, slow fading and then it turns off. even after that, my phone nor my computer can see the orbi. 

That is just CRAZY.  I often start up an Orbi that is not connected to the internet at all and the WiFi signal appears every time, "ORBI" plus two digits.  If there is no WiFi after a Factory Reset and what appears to be a normal startup, I have no idea what else to try.

If it is less than one year old, Netgear should replace it.

Message 4 of 7
MelQ
Aspirant

My warranty expired 3/1 Smiley Sad

actually, as I am looking at it, it is a solid white, fades in and out, but the white stays on longer. 

That is just CRAZY.  I often start up an Orbi that is not connected to the internet at all and the WiFi signal appears every time, "ORBI" plus two digits.  If there is no WiFi after a Factory Reset and what appears to be a normal startup, I have no idea what else to try.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@MelQ wrote:

My warranty expired 3/1 Smiley Sad

actually, as I am looking at it, it is a solid white, fades in and out, but the white stays on longer. 

Message 6 of 7
vajim
Master

Any progress on this? 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7