Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My emails won't download any embedded images using the Orbi as primary Wifi connection

Chris_NZ
Aspirant

My emails won't download any embedded images using the Orbi as primary Wifi connection

I have just purchased an Orbi router and 2 Satelittes. I now connect my home laptops and the kids various devices to this as the primary home wifi connection. Unfortunately  the kids can't view their images on Instagram and I cant see any images embedded in emails - is there a setting I need to change on the Orbi as when I switch back to the old wifi everything is fine ?

Any help gratefully accepted - Many thanks

Cheers Chris

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: My emails won't download any embedded images using the Orbi as primary Wifi connection

@Chris_NZ wrote:

fantastic thanks !!!

The model is Chorus Optical Network Termindal - Model Type 200

Cheers and Happy New Year

Chris

Thanks. This looks to be just a modem (ONT) without any routing functionality so you should be fine to use Orbi as router.

The issue of not being able to download images can then be just a throughput issue. Please check the following:

- Can you please swap the cable between the ONT and Orbi to exclude any cable issues. May be you have done that already? 😉

- Do you see the issue only with wireless device or also with wired devices?

- What 2.4 GHz and 5GHz channels are you using? Please check this by logging in to orbilogin.com.

- What wired devices do you have connected to Orbi's LAN ports? Do you have any wired speakers?

Happy New Year to you too 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Re: My emails won't download any embedded images using the Orbi as primary Wifi connection

Most probably this is caused by IP conflect in your network. It can also be radio coverage issue but less likely.

What ISP modem/router do you use (the box between Orbi and the internet source) and does that box have any routing and/or wifi functionality?

Message 2 of 6
Chris_NZ
Aspirant

Thanks for speedy reply

I use the standard unit that Vodafone NZ sent me - see image attached

I also run the input from this unit via a small box that they sent me for the Vodafone TV

Weird thing is that the TV box also functions as a wifi location and when I connect to that the images all come through fine !!!49450521_1171459936346341_4290250305217495040_n.jpg

Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Chris_NZ wrote:

Thanks for speedy reply

I use the standard unit that Vodafone NZ sent me - see image attached

I also run the input from this unit via a small box that they sent me for the Vodafone TV

Weird thing is that the TV box also functions as a wifi location and when I connect to that the images all come through fine !!!49450521_1171459936346341_4290250305217495040_n.jpg

It will take time until I can see the image you sent. A moderator needs to approve it before I can see it. Can you write down the model number please!

If you can get more networks from the box then I'm almost sure this is the problem. Orbi -as well as all other routers- will not work together with other routers in the network without special configuration. Basically you have two options:

- Set the Vodafone box in bridged mode. You will need the user guid of the box to do this.

- The other option would be to set Orbi in AP mode.

Message 4 of 6
Chris_NZ
Aspirant

fantastic thanks !!!

Chris

Message 5 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Chris_NZ wrote:

fantastic thanks !!!

Chris

Thanks. This looks to be just a modem (ONT) without any routing functionality so you should be fine to use Orbi as router.

The issue of not being able to download images can then be just a throughput issue. Please check the following:

- Can you please swap the cable between the ONT and Orbi to exclude any cable issues. May be you have done that already? 😉

- Do you see the issue only with wireless device or also with wired devices?

- What 2.4 GHz and 5GHz channels are you using? Please check this by logging in to orbilogin.com.

- What wired devices do you have connected to Orbi's LAN ports? Do you have any wired speakers?

Happy New Year to you too 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7