Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Satelite Question

HOFB
Aspirant

NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Satelite Question

Will the Orbi RBK50 satellite withstand cold temperatures. If so, how cold???

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Satelite Question

Per the specs in the manual, its rated in temps from 32-104 degrees F. 

I've had mine in the garage in the winter time where it gets below freezing and it still worked. Its not ideal and is going to cut its lifespan down. Reason why is you have something out doors getting hot/cold and that can caues moisture buildup (enemy of electronics). So it might last years (like mine) or just days. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

@HOFB wrote:

Will the Orbi RBK50 satellite withstand cold temperatures. If so, how cold???

This place is for Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems. You might get more help if you ask this question in the place where Orbi users hang out. 

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Per the specs in the manual, its rated in temps from 32-104 degrees F. 

I've had mine in the garage in the winter time where it gets below freezing and it still worked. Its not ideal and is going to cut its lifespan down. Reason why is you have something out doors getting hot/cold and that can caues moisture buildup (enemy of electronics). So it might last years (like mine) or just days. 

Message 3 of 4
HOFB
Aspirant

Thanks for that info. I appreciate your feedback. Like you, I guess I'll take that gamble and leave it in my unheated shop. Thanks again..

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7