Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help on downgrade RBR20 firmware

Marlboro123
Tutor

Need help on downgrade RBR20 firmware

My RBR20 is currently at the latest firmware of V2.5.1.16

If I were to downgrade it all the way to V2.1.2.18 (or even earlier version), do I need to downgrade it steps by steps or I can go straight to V2.1.2.18 ?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ratb3rt
Tutor

Re: Need help on downgrade RBR20 firmware

As long as you have the firmware you can upload it to the router. You do not have to downgrade in steps. You will get a warning that the firmware is an older version than the current one. Just click through that.

Good luck. You may have to telnet into the router to turn off auto updating of firmware. That has been an issue for a lot of us. There are posts on the forum to help with that if needed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ratb3rt
Tutor

As long as you have the firmware you can upload it to the router. You do not have to downgrade in steps. You will get a warning that the firmware is an older version than the current one. Just click through that.

Good luck. You may have to telnet into the router to turn off auto updating of firmware. That has been an issue for a lot of us. There are posts on the forum to help with that if needed.

Message 2 of 3
Marlboro123
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.

I've downgraded straight to the version and it does not brick the router 👍👍

However, my RBR20 still can't connect to Internet after trying a few older firmware 😔😔
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7