Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nest IQ Outdoor Camera Connected but Not Listed as Device

BAFin
Aspirant

Nest IQ Outdoor Camera Connected but Not Listed as Device

Orbi RBR50 firmware V 2.5.2.4 with 2 Satellites. My Nest thermostats, Hello Doorbells work fine. I added a Nest IQ Outdoor Camera which works fine (although I cannot determine link speed or whether connected to Router or Satellite.) The Nest app reports IP address .....9 and MAC address as ....dc. On neither the Orbi web page nor the Orbi app on my iPad, I do not see the camera device. iNet reports a device at IP .....9, but cannot reveal Vendor or MAC address. Any ideas why the Camera does not appear in the device list? Or how I can get it there? Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nest IQ Outdoor Camera Connected but Not Listed as Device

Either nest isn't sending out a ARP ack correctly, or all all, or the Orbi and Orbi app are not asking or interpreting the name of the devices from the ARP ACK Request correctly or not getting any name from the device. Something to ask NEST and NG support about. 

Message 2 of 4
BAFin
Aspirant

Many thanks. Out of warranty, so NG support prohibitively expensive. Nest support did not respond. Serendipitously, yesterday, my home network crashed and Spectrum went down so had to reboot modem and router. Now, everything works as it should! Stay Safe!

Message 3 of 4
Anthony_L
Aspirant

Hi,

I've had the same issue with my Nest Hello doorbell and my OnePlus6 android phone.

Both were connected, but not listed (despite restarting and disconnecting the devices).

I've restarted the whole Orbi system twice (RBR50 + 2 RBS50 satellites), and the devices ended up reappearing...

No explanation but hope it helps!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7