Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netflix And Spectrum streaming on Roku

Thandungen
Aspirant

Netflix And Spectrum streaming on Roku

I updated the firmware to V2.5.1.8 a few weeks ago and I have had issues with Netflix and Spectrum streaming on all our Roku devices ever since. I notices there are some Reddit discussions about the same issue too. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netflix And Spectrum streaming on Roku

You don't have Armor enabled do you on the RBR? If you do, please disable it. Been others posting about Armor causing problems. 

A factory reset maybe needed as well with the RBR and setup from scratch. 

Message 2 of 6
Thandungen
Aspirant

I don’t have Armor enabled. Out of the two dozen or so streaming apps installed Netflix and Spectrum are the only ones having issues. Never had an issue with Netflix before the update. Will try a factory reset but then won’t the firmware update bring it back to the same point?
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

No, this only clears any configurations that maybe causing problems. Try the reset and let us know. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 4 of 6
Thandungen
Aspirant

Thank you very much. I will try these and get back to you. Appreciate your time.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements