Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear CM1150v and ORBI RBR40 system issues

daeaiaea
Aspirant

Netgear CM1150v and ORBI RBR40 system issues

Please bear with me here as I am a networking rookie.  I had ATT system for years and added Orbi RBR40 in last two years.  constant issues with reliability of ATT service so a move to a new house naturally meant a switch in ISP.  I now have Xfinity Blast Pro plus voice.  I invested in the CM1150v to avoid the monthly rental fees from Comcast to pair with my Orbi system (RBR40).  After numerous power cycles of both modem and router i seemed like everything was fine (laptop wired to modem worked fine) so it seemed I was ready to be wireless after I did a few more powercycles and got the modem plugged into Orbi.  Orbi tests fine as well (delivering 180 down and 7 up), I was happy until of course i realized the spotiness of the setup.  Samsung Smart HUB on TV doesnt connect at all, while the Apple TV (netflix) works fine.  Amazon Prime on that same apple tv doesnt connect either.  The app store on IOS devices wont download new or updatesto apps.  Xfinity doesnt want to troubleshoot because its not their equipment and discussion with Netgear are Tier 1 issues and as soon as they prove modem gets signal they are done because ORBI is 'different'.  My honeywell thermostats are all online with same network and whether laptop or mobile deevice I am clearly getting some internet, some sites work while others dont.  Please help this rook out!!

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Reason for testing a PC directly to the modem is to rule out any problems at the modem first. IF something appears there that seems problematic, then the modem would need to be looking at first. If the modem and PC work fine with these sites, then the Orbi would need to be looked into next. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

With a wired PC directly connected to the CM modem, do you get internet and access various sites and speeds are ok? If so, then I would post about getting some help in the Orbi forum. This maybe a Orbi issue if the CM modem is working to spec and ISP says signal is good up to the modem.

Message 2 of 13
pmassey
Aspirant

I have everything hooked up, have WiFi...... but cannot get on all the web-sites I need. I work from home. MUST be able to get on these sites!
Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Need to verify first with a wired PC directly connected to the CM modem, do you get internet and access various required sites and speeds are ok wiht the modem only...

Message 4 of 13
daeaiaea
Aspirant

p -

have you attempted directly wiring to modem/gateway?  I have done this myself but i didnt test these problem sites.  I suppose my ORBI setup could be the culprit and will test when i am home...

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Reason for testing a PC directly to the modem is to rule out any problems at the modem first. IF something appears there that seems problematic, then the modem would need to be looking at first. If the modem and PC work fine with these sites, then the Orbi would need to be looked into next. 

Message 6 of 13
daeaiaea
Aspirant

It’s the ORBI, guess I will post on that forum next. Thanks!!
Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok thanks for letting us know. 

Message 8 of 13
daeaiaea
Aspirant

FYI, just further follow-up, resetting the ORBI to factory seemed to fix everything late last night.  a quick review of the ORBI forums led me to factory reset negating the need to even post a question.

thanks!!

Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it fixed it. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Visit the Orb forum again if needed. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
pmassey
Aspirant

I did that. I can get on most sites, but a select view, ( that I need for my job) won’t let me get on.
Message 11 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

I would check out a different modem and see if a different modem does the same thing. If not then I presume the CM1150v may need to be RMAd. 

@pmassey wrote:
I did that. I can get on most sites, but a select view, ( that I need for my job) won’t let me get on.

Message 12 of 13
SeaMonkey80
Apprentice

@pmassey wrote:

do you, by any chance, have Circle enabled on your Orbi? That thing is real buggy and blocks many sites for no good reason.  If so, try disabling it.

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice, RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7