Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Orbi RB20 no longer working after switching off/on

George95
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi RB20 no longer working after switching off/on

After being switched off and on, both routers are now always stuck on a magenta light, sometimes a blue light will come on for seconds but then go back to magenta instantly. All that happened was one was switched off and back on. I have tried rebooting both, syncing, nothing is working.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
George95
Aspirant

Eventually got it to work after doing a factory reset, still took a while even then, purple light again but thankfully working in the end.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

It will help if you identify what the Orbi system is connected to (brand & specific model number of modem).

How long has this system been in use?  (If it is "brand new", then Netgear provides 90 days of "complimentary" telephone support.  You paid for it and might as well get what you paid for.)

Did it ever work correctly?

One of the units (the router) is connected to the ISP modem, and the other unit is a satellite, correct?

What device are you using to set up the Orbi?  (desktop connected with ethernet?  smartphone?)

Thanks

Message 2 of 6
George95
Aspirant

1. Vodafone Broadband Modem.
2. Pretty sure more than 90 days.
3. Yes it has always worked.
4. One connected to router and then one satellite in my room, yes.
5. I’ve been using Wi-Fi for my iPhone, Ethernet for PC and PS4, none of which work now.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@George95 wrote:
1. Vodafone Broadband Modem.----Which model?
2. Pretty sure more than 90 days.
3. Yes it has always worked.
4. One connected to router and then one satellite in my room, yes.
5. I’ve been using Wi-Fi for my iPhone, Ethernet for PC and PS4, none of which work now.

You put magenta ring. Is it blinking or solid? Each mean different things. but its usually a variation of not getting an ip address. Whether its for modem-router connection or router-satellite connection.

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean

Again, which modem modem is it? 

if you directly connect to it, does it work? 

Message 4 of 6
George95
Aspirant

I don’t know model, not at home right now. It is always solid ring. The router is just generic one when sign up for broadband, not custom. The internet router itself is working fine, yes.
Message 5 of 6
George95
Aspirant

Eventually got it to work after doing a factory reset, still took a while even then, purple light again but thankfully working in the end.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7