Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi RBK23 and Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear Orbi RBK23 and Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen

Hi all,

I just bought a Netgear Orbi RBK23 with two additional sattelites set to create a mesh network in my flat. It works very well and now my wifi extends into a bedroom that never previously had signal before and I'm seeing speeds of up to 500mb/s which is great.

Previously, I used an Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen as my router. Now I want to use just the hard drive inside for my Time Machine backups. 

What I have done is set the Orbi and the Time Capsule in bridge mode and now everything seems to be working. I can access the Time Capsule hard drive from the Orbi wifi without any issue and wifi speeds are great.

HOWEVER, I cannot access the Orbi router settings or via the Netgear app. The router is showing Magenta color at the top however, I am indeed connected to the internet. I cannot access Orbilogin.com or http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1.  Something is wrong here...and now even if I wanted to change the AP/bridge mode on the Orbi, I can't because I can access the admin sites or via the App.

Please help

Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK23 and Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen

And for clarity, here is my setup:

Physical:

1gb internet -> internet provider's router -> Apple Time Capsule -> Orbi.  Ethernet cable is plugged from the Time Capsule to the Orbi "ethernet" port. If I plug into the "internet" yellow port, internet doesn't work

Software:

Apple Time Capsule set to Airport Utility -> Advanced -> DHCP and NAT -> Router Mode "off (bridge mode)"

Orbi set to -> Bridge mode (and now I can't access the admin page at all)

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK23 and Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen

I was able to get this to work with the support of the Netgear agent on the phone - thanks all

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7