Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi Security Flagging Spam on Phone

phllips79
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi Security Flagging Spam on Phone

I keep getting a orbi security notification for Spam threat only on my android phone and only when the screen is off for trying to access ershovlad.space .  I ended up accessing the site while not on my wifi and it goes to a simple website in what I think is Russion with just a hello with a text field to enter a comment.  I have wiped my phone 3 times and on the 3rd reset I chose not to install from the backup and just let apps be installed from the play store one at a time as well as google instailing them to sync up to what I previously had.  I am wondering if anyone else out there has had an issue similiar to this or even the specific error. Thank you

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Orbi Security Flagging Spam on Phone

Hi @phllips79

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Do you have NETGEAR Armor enabled? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
phllips79
Aspirant

Netgear Armor is enable on the orbi and installed on my phone.  The scan on my phone finishes without finding anything. Then at random times when my phone screen is off I will get that Orbi Security has blocked a spam threat on my phone to the https://ershovlad.space .  I have wiped my phone 3 times now and thought that I figured out the issue by uninstalled surfshark, but then it started again after a couple hours. 

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @phllips79

NETGEAR Armor automatically blocks suspicious and potentially dangerous websites in order to secure your network.

Kindly launch Orbi App, tap Security > Threats. A list of suspicious blocked URLs displays. Do you see the website that is tagged as spam threat? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7