Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi and Google Home Mini Compatibility

MToby
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi and Google Home Mini Compatibility

Does the Google Home Mini work with the NetGear Orbi WiFi solution?

I currently have a SonicWall TZ215 with SonicPoint access points and the Google Home Mini will not configure across this network. I spent 2 hours with their support with no luck.

So, I'm looking to replace my current network and I've selected the Netgear Orbi, but I'm concerned about compatibility.

Any idea if they are compatible?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi and Google Home Mini Compatibility

Message 2 of 5
MToby
Aspirant

As I mentioned in my original post, Sonicwall support was unable to get the Google Home Mini to work with it.

I'd rather go with a different network solution that does work with the Google Home Mini.

If you are interested in the Sonicwall, let me know.  It will probably be up for sale soon. 🙂

Message 3 of 5
MToby
Aspirant

The problem is that I'm not sure how to check/change the Google Home Mini firmware if I can't even set it up on my network.

Every time I try, it ends with the "Uh-Oh" message and it isn't in my device list on the app.

Google Support says it is a network issue and SonicWall says it is a device issue.

I took it to another Wi-Fi network and was able to set it up, so I'm assuming the issue is with my home network.

Message 4 of 5
mad2
Guide

I have two Google Home Mini devices and have had no problems with them on my Orbi other than the temporary outage that the other thread refers to.  The major issue I've had with the Orbi system is the network overload issue caused by the Google Home bug; it didn't handle it  gracefully.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7