Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi to virgin superhub 3

Dfurn21
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi to virgin superhub 3

Hi guys, 

hoping someone can help.

i have the Orbis in place since Christmas and whilst they work, they are awesome.

However I having been having problems with losing internet connectivity.

my setup the the virgin media home hub 3 setup in modem mode,

I have the netgear orbi rbr20 running v2.5.1.6 3 pack, one is hardwired linked whilst the third is a via wireless.

Every day or two my internet I will drop out, I can still reach the orbi and ping it via 192.168.0.1, 

but am I unable to ping or reach modem on its 192.168.100.1 address (even if i manually set an IP address on that range via hardwired network.

Virgin the ISP have been out twice now, on the 1st visit they said the signal was too strong and out of range so added some kind or resistance to bring signal into spec.

On second visits they proved my connection to cab and onto exchange are ok and swapped the modem.

Im not sure what else I can try at this point?

kind regards

david

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi to virgin superhub 3

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Power OFF the modem for 30 seconds then back ON. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7