Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear RBR50 internet error not connected

bdac123
Follower

Netgear RBR50 internet error not connected

I have an RBR50 that is configured in AP mode. It has been setup and working fine for the last couple of years.  It just now says "Internet: Error: Not connected". 
I can access the RBR50 from a desktop connected to the router which is plugged into the RBR50 and can access an RBR20 satellite from the desktop through the router and RBR50.  From a wireless laptop connected to the RBR50, I can access the RBR50 and can access the router. The RBR50 and RBR20 dynamically get their IP address from the router (which are correct).  I've swapped out multiple cables eliminating that point of failure.
The desktop is able to access the internet.  However the laptop is unable to access the internet (I presume because of the error).  Anyone ever experience this before?  I'd hate to chalk it up to hardware failure (given the cost of replacement).

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear RBR50 internet error not connected

Please post about this over in the Orbi AC forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear RBR50 internet error not connected

Any progress on this?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@bdac123 wrote:

I have an RBR50 that is configured in AP mode. It has been setup and working fine for the last couple of years.  It just now says "Internet: Error: Not connected". 
I can access the RBR50 from a desktop connected to the router which is plugged into the RBR50 and can access an RBR20 satellite from the desktop through the router and RBR50.  From a wireless laptop connected to the RBR50, I can access the RBR50 and can access the router. The RBR50 and RBR20 dynamically get their IP address from the router (which are correct).  I've swapped out multiple cables eliminating that point of failure.
The desktop is able to access the internet.  However the laptop is unable to access the internet (I presume because of the error).  Anyone ever experience this before?  I'd hate to chalk it up to hardware failure (given the cost of replacement).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7