Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

MarkC1024
Luminary

Re: New - NetGear Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

That was the ticket - thanks!

Message 26 of 386
DaytonaZ33
Star

The update seemed to go OK to .32 on both the router and satellite, but now when I view the check for update page on my router AFTER the .32 update, it shows the satellite as being on 2.3.0.32 with an "Update Failed" status. The router shows "No new firmware update available" correctly.

Tried all the usual stuff, reset to factory, did a manual .32 update over the automatic one, etc. All the upgrades/resets happen fine, but it still won't check to see if it has the latest firmware after being on .32

Orbi RBK50 system with one satellite connected via ethernet backhaul.

Message 27 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

The auto update process maybe incorrectly reading or reporting what's on currently on the RBS. I would leave it for now and check back at a later date. 

IF you updated the FW on the RBS first then RBR and things are working, you should be ok. 

@DaytonaZ33 wrote:

The update seemed to go OK to .32 on both the router and satellite, but now when I view the check for update page on my router AFTER the .32 update, it shows the satellite as being on 2.3.0.32 with an "Update Failed" status. The router shows "No new firmware update available" correctly.

Tried all the usual stuff, reset to factory, did a manual .32 update over the automatic one, etc. All the upgrades/resets happen fine, but it still won't check to see if it has the latest firmware after being on .32

Orbi RBK50 system with one satellite connected via ethernet backhaul.

Message 28 of 386
larryindublin
Luminary

Same here:

Capture.PNG

Message 29 of 386
pdawg17
Guide

So I updated the router using the file from dropbox but now my satellite says "waiting for connection" probably because it isn't on the same firmware as the router. What do I do now?

Message 30 of 386
MarkC1024
Luminary

I did both my satelites first and they came up just fine with the router on the orginal 2.2 firmware.  I then did the incremental update pulled from dropbox and then the final in 2 successive steps.  Everything is working fine - so far.

Message 31 of 386
quaningeneva
Apprentice

Netgear Armor could not be activated.

D704D58D-FCE2-4826-B45B-7F5E7E117FAC.png

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 32 of 386
raven_au
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

FW 2.3.0.32 is now available on our support site : 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060603/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-32

RBR/RBS 50 Series Only. 

To manually update the firmware, there is a need to load an intermediate firmware (2.2.1.212). We need to follow the following update path V2.2.1.210 --> V2.2.1.212 --> V2.3.0.32.

You imply the v2.2.1.210 -> v2.2.1.212 -> v2.3.0.32 must be done for both RBR50 and RBS50 but there is no way to get an RBS50 intermediate firmware.

You also don't provide a link to the imtermediate RBR firmware in this post, people need to hunt for it.

You don't mention anything about compatibility with other router models such as (the obvious one in my case) the RBS40.

What about the RBS40 v2.3.0.28, is this ok to install yet, it's on the Netgear website?

Why is there no mention of intermediate firmware needs on the Netgear website for v2.3.0.32, it is available for download on the Netgear website?

Message 33 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

@raven_au wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

RBR/RBS 50 Series Only. 

To manually update the firmware, there is a need to load an intermediate firmware (2.2.1.212). We need to follow the following update path V2.2.1.210 --> V2.2.1.212 --> V2.3.0.32.

You imply the v2.2.1.210 -> v2.2.1.212 -> v2.3.0.32 must be done for both RBR50 and RBS50 but there is no way to get an RBS50 intermediate firmware.

You also don't provide a link to the imtermediate RBR firmware in this post, people need to hunt for it.

You don't mention anything about compatibility with other router models such as (the obvious one in my case) the RBS40.

What about the RBS40 v2.3.0.28, is this ok to install yet, it's on the Netgear website?

Why is there no mention of intermediate firmware needs on the Netgear website for v2.3.0.32, it is available for download on the Netgear website?

If you read the title of the firmware download you can see it specifically is for the RBR & RBS 50.

Please remember that people on this forum dont speak on behalf of Netgear nor can we explain corporate decisions... we are just a bunch of people trying to help others who need advice and assistance (for free).

Message 34 of 386
SkywalkerPD
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

RBR/RBS 50 Series Only. 

Link to 2.3.0.32 seems to be down? 

https://kb.netgear.com/app/error//error_id/1

And there is no link to the intermediate firmware 2.2.1.212 in the article?

I found a dropbox link to the RBR version, but not to a RBS version?

Message 35 of 386

Another great success for Netgear, the firmware seems removed.

Message 36 of 386
Joechang
Apprentice

Seems they have considered the IPV6 issue in this version, but firmware was removed from website.... so strange.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 37 of 386
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The size of the FW 2.3.0.32 is bigger than 40 MBs which is why you get the incorrect file type error. The intermediate FW 2.2.1.212 removes the file size restriction that is there in FW V2.2.1.210 and older FWs. For Orbi satellite you do not need 2.2.1.212 FW since the RBS FW is much smaller in size than the RBR one.

Message 38 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Greetings Everyone,  New user of an RBK50, single satellite install.

While I appreciate the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", I also recognize we live in world where update of firmware is a thing, and one that needs attention.  To that end, I'm going to follow the advice given and manually update.  While no specific labels are given, I'm thinking this must be akin to a public beta if the update mechanism in the device isn't automatically pulling the new versions down on its own.  Assume this is standard fare for Nethear as I do not have a lot of experience with their products.  The specific copy I have here was obtained from BestBuy and during the install, the device updated itself to V2.2.1.210.  

One of the reasons I came here looking for information was because I find the authentication method of the web-based management console a nuissance and hoping to find a solution that either makes this easier or otherwise allows use of a password manager like Lastpass to unlock.

Cheers

Message 39 of 386
CrimpOn
Guru

@gr8sho wrote:

One of the reasons I came here looking for information was because I find the authentication method of the web-based management console a nuissance and hoping to find a solution that either makes this easier or otherwise allows use of a password manager like Lastpass to unlock.

Cheers

Maybe it would be useful to expand on how the web-based management console authentication could be improved.  Since my web browser fills in the password field automatically (as would a password manager), my assumption is the irritation is the constant requests to input the password.  This annoys me no end because the dialog box pops up over other windows I have open and what I am intending to type in that window goes instead into the authentication field.  It seems to happen most frequently when the Attached Devices page is on the screen.

Perhaps there is a time-out value that could be changed?  Or, are there more irritations?

Message 40 of 386
Chetter
Tutor

@CrimpOn wrote:

Perhaps there is a time-out value that could be changed?  Or, are there more irritations?

Perhaps, also on v210 firmware I didnt have that window popping up. It started for me yesterday with an update to v32.

Message 41 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@SkywalkerPD wrote:

Link to 2.3.0.32 seems to be down? 

https://kb.netgear.com/app/error//error_id/1

Ooops.  Missed this post first time.  I also checked the official downloads page and do not see a newer firmware version offered there either.

Message 42 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@CrimpOn wrote:

Maybe it would be useful to expand on how the web-based management console authentication could be improved.  Since my web browser fills in the password field automatically (as would a password manager), my assumption is the irritation is the constant requests to input the password.  This annoys me no end because the dialog box pops up over other windows I have open and what I am intending to type in that window goes instead into the authentication field.  It seems to happen most frequently when the Attached Devices page is on the screen.

Sure, no problem.  I do not let browsers remember my passwords.  Too much of a headache, and prefer an independent crossplatform solution like Lastpass.

The way I see the password challenge work in Firefox, after the timeout occurs, focus is changed back to the Orbi tab and I'm forced to take care of the dialog as all else is blocked including Lastpass.  All your suggestions are okay with me, unsure why the timeout is so brief but if the security is that important, fine but having to manually type this stuff in every 2 minutes is a drag.  I'll also experiment on other browsers, perhaps this issue is unique to FF.  The release notes of the new firmware hinted at a change in this area which is another reason why I commented on i t.

Message 43 of 386
quagmire1
Luminary

Message 44 of 386
quagmire1
Luminary

@gr8sho wrote:

Not a fix, but a time saver:

In LastPass, use the "Open My Vault" option to select the Orbi.  This will automatically log you in (assuming you've entered your login and password). If you make the Orbi a favorite, it will percolate to the top of the "Open My Vault" page.

Message 45 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@quagmire1 wrote:

Not a fix, but a time saver:

In LastPass, use the "Open My Vault" option to select the Orbi.  This will automatically log you in (assuming you've entered your login and password). If you make the Orbi a favorite, it will percolate to the top of the "Open My Vault" page.

Thank you, I'm familiar with that use.  The more troublesome problem though is once the timeout fires, I'm forced to relogin, and all browser functionality in tab is locked until I either enter the credentials or back out of it.

Cheers

Message 46 of 386
CrimpOn
Guru

Exactly.  I use FireFox (although I have FireFox remember the Orbi password so I simply have to hit "Enter") but it annoys the s**t out of me.  I'm in one tab typing a response to a community post, and suddenly everything freezes.  Maybe Chrome or Opera behaves differently when a dialog box pops up in a different tab.

Message 47 of 386
albertkarsa
Aspirant

Confirmed Netgear Armor issue with mine as well. I am running Netgear Orbi App version 2.2.13.22

Message 48 of 386
rchorowitz
Aspirant

Does 2.3.x exist?  I cannot find it.  The instability of the internet connection to the router/WiFi makes this entire system worthless 

Message 49 of 386
eljarviso
Luminary

The HomeKit issues I experienced with the last firmware are fixes in this one. If people were having issues where HomeKit devices were not responding when leaving the wifi network I recommend they move to this version as the problem has been fixed.

Throughout seems nice as well (running in AP mode). Wired device on the satellite is pushing about 820Mbps to a NAS connected to my main switch. Wireless laptop connected to satellite is hitting about 550Mbps
Message 50 of 386
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7