Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Orbi RBR50 Already Registered

Thumper2000
Follower

New Orbi RBR50 Already Registered

I purchased an Orbi RBR50 router from Amazon and it is telling me that it is already registered.  The serial number is 5M12965S01111

Could you remove that registration so I can register it under my account, please?

Cindy Steele

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: New Orbi RBR50 Already Registered

@Thumper2000 wrote:

I purchased an Orbi RBR50 router from Amazon and it is telling me that it is already registered.

The community forum is made up of Netgear customers who post questions/problems and discuss them. Not Netgear employees.

This situation comes up a lot (due to Amazon's liberal return policies).

What seems to have worked for others is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators by clicking on their screen name, such as @Blanca_O   (moderators have a "Capital N" after their screen name where the rest of us have a goofy symbol).

Include personal information in the private message. (Information that should not be posted on a public forum, such as your name, Netgear login name, how to reach you, that serial number, and the Amazon purchase information.)

It appears that moderators have some sort of "back door" to contact people who maintain the customer database.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 3

Re: New Orbi RBR50 Already Registered

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

By the way, registration is useful for warranty issues and the first 90-days of free support, nothing else.

It does nothing for the operation of the device.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7