Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi firmware 2.1.2.18 update issues?

dkunath
Star

New Orbi firmware 2.1.2.18 update issues?

I noticed that there was a new firmware version 2.1.2.18 for Orbi RBK50.  Has anyone installed this version, and has there been any issues after the installation.  Please provide any details that you may have.

Thanks,

Dave

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 335
mastervisa30
Luminary

I have updated 40minutes ago and so far no issues
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 335
iSuresh
Tutor

My Orbi says "No new firmware version available". I am on 2.1.1.16

Message 3 of 335
guzzijason
Apprentice

Message 4 of 335
joknutsen
Guide

Mine never gets updates automatically. I always manually install. 

Here is the link:

https://kb.netgear.com/000053549/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-1-2-18

Message 5 of 335
Dd852
Luminary

So far so good. After updating manually, the satellite reported a "poor" backhaul connection even though it was in the precise same location as before where I got a "good". I rebooted the satellite and the second time worked like a charm. So far so good - but I've been stable and fine since the first 2.1.2 beta. All apples, no google/android.

Message 6 of 335
dkunath
Star

thanks for the input
Message 7 of 335
dkunath
Star

i saw it under the download area for the respective models
Message 8 of 335
dkunath
Star

thanks for the input.  if you would be so kind to post anything you encounter, I would appreciate it or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 335
Punctual_Donkey
Aspirant

So this morning I woke up to my Internet not working. I found my Orbi had auto-updated to firmware 2.1.2.18. I use Orbi in Router mode, as my DHCP server. After rebooting my modem & Orbi router, the WiFi came back up and I could connect to the Internet - however my wired devices can't get an IP address from the Orbi and they won't connect to the Internet. I don't know if this is in fact related to the 2.1.2.18 firmware, but the timing does imply these are related. I'm still messing with settings, trying to get my wired devices working again, so far no luck.

Message 10 of 335
ALNJ2017
Star

Sateliite installed the .18 update -no problems.

Main router crashed after .18 update and only white ring is solid and light up.

Have tried holding reset down for 7 seconds. Nothing.

any suggestions.

Message 11 of 335
kennyj
Aspirant

@dkunath wrote:

I noticed that there was a new firmware version 2.1.2.18 for Orbi RBK50.  Has anyone installed this version, and has there been any issues after the installation.  Please provide any details that you may have.

Thanks,

Dave

Updated to the new firmware about an hour ago.

Attached devices all reporting ok except for Ring (reporps connection type unknown).  It now seems to take a bit of time for the attached devices to populate.  Sat. reported as not connected but about 12 seconds later it reported good.  This was not the case with the prior beta 211 software which populated the devices instantaneously and correctly.   Will monitor.

Message 12 of 335
davida425
Guide

For some reason, the satelite firmware V2.1.2.18 manual upload keeps saying the file is incorrect and will not upload! The Online update shows Update failed. Any suggestions?

Message 13 of 335
joknutsen
Guide

I had this when I was mixing my router and sat images. try downloading again and make sure you are uploading the right image.

Message 14 of 335
davida425
Guide

It is RBS50-V2.1.2.18.img. Isn't this correct?

Message 15 of 335
joknutsen
Guide

I tried connecting back my Chromecasts and Google Homes but they still keep flooding the network. The result is that the sats disconnect. Looks like we need Google to fix that part of the problem.

Message 16 of 335
joknutsen
Guide

RBS= Sat

RBR=Router

Message 17 of 335
Blcklab
Apprentice

I've been running 1.11.0.20 to overcome all the stability issues of .74 through the beta. Zero issues on .20

I thought what the heck this morning I will update to the new version. Shortly after updating I had a reboot. Upon reboot the satellite have difficulty connecting and some of my devices would not automatically reconnect. I don't know if it was a problem with IP addresses.

I power cycle my modem and switch and reset my router and satellite that to .20 and everything is fine again.

I'm considering trying this version out again but with a full power cycle and setting up my network again.

However it really shouldn't have to work this way.
Message 18 of 335
ALNJ2017
Star

Google stuff needs IP v6 . Make sure IP v6 is enabled.

Message 19 of 335
MrX911
Apprentice

Been on 2.1.2.10 for around 2 week san no issues until about 24 hours ago and constant drops again. Thought this beta had sirted things.

Have updated to the new .18 and crossing my fingers. 

Message 20 of 335
sleepr88
Apprentice

How long for a Chromecast/Android fix Netgear? TP-link, Linksys, and others have already gotten it fixed

Message 21 of 335
lbdyck
Star

Updated to 2.1.2.18 just a few minutes ago. I used the online update instead of the manual update and it appeared to work fine.  Both sat's showed as connected. 

Clicking on the device list showed both sat's but one is in 'Config Sync' state.  I pushed the sync button with no change in status. Did a POR (power on reset) and waited and now it is good.

Thank you for the updated firmware - fingers crossed that this one is solid.

Message 22 of 335
jmschnur923
Luminary

Daisy chain AP setup. Far Sat works fine but says unknown connection status. Near sat is 5g.

backhaul status is good but unknown mechanism. On the beta was 5g.

Message 23 of 335
MrX911
Apprentice

My daisychain is all over the place now and not connecting to what should be the nearest/strongest device

Message 24 of 335
JMU1998
Luminary

Took v2.1.2.18 a few hrs ago did factory reset, nvram clear now satellite does not show as connected satellite but as attached as a device to the main Orbi unit so basically this Firmware broke the display not connected as a sattalite but rather attached to Main unit. Yes I rebooted both several times as well anyone else seeing this?

Message 25 of 335
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7