×  Introducing Nighthawk RS700 WiFi 7 (BE) Router. For more details, please visit Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 7 Router.
Reply

New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

FURRYe38
Guru

New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.7.1.60 (for US Region Only)

 

Security Fixes:

  • Fixes security issues

Download Link:.

https://kb.netgear.com/000062494/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-7-1-60-for-US-Region-Only

 

Firmware Update Instructions:

To update your product’s firmware, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click the Documentation button on the product page.

 

Post in this thread for problems, help and information.

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 65
Wire1852
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

TRICK or TREAT?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

It's up to you if you wanna try it. 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 3 of 65
jhoff909
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

I see there's two new versions - 2.7.1.60 and 2.6.1.40.  I'm running 2.5.2.4 and using it in AP mode.  Firmware update shows no new firmware available.  Anyone try either one yet?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

These are for manual updating currently. It's up to you if you wanna try it. 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 5 of 65
GMoGoody8
Luminary

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Must be an important update for something even though the Release Notes don't really specify. Opened the App this morning and was prompted to update to this version. Fastest that has ever happened. 

Loaded through Web Page. I'll keep this channel posted on how it settles in. 

My Setup (Cable 1500Mbps/50Mbps overprovisioned)>S33>SXR80 V4.2.1.120(Router Mode)
Message 6 of 65
jhoff909
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released


@FURRYe38 wrote:

These are for manual updating currently. It's up to you if you wanna try it. 


What's the difference between the two?  Do you know any more details?  You wrote the original message on this thread as if you knew more...  The release notes say it's a security update - that seems like the sort of thing that should get pushed out.



 

Message 7 of 65
jhoff909
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

2


@GMoGoody8 wrote:

Must be an important update for something even though the Release Notes don't really specify. Opened the App this morning and was prompted to update to this version. Fastest that has ever happened. 

Loaded through Web Page. I'll keep this channel posted on how it settles in. 


What version were you starting with?  Mine's on 2.5.2.4 and I'm not getting promp;ted to update even with manually checking for updates.

Message 8 of 65
GMoGoody8
Luminary

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Came from the US only 2.7.0.70 FW version.
My Setup (Cable 1500Mbps/50Mbps overprovisioned)>S33>SXR80 V4.2.1.120(Router Mode)
Message 9 of 65
--Chuck
Guide

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

I updated my RBS50 and RBR50 from v2.7.0.70.

So far, no problems to report. 


 

Message 10 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Did you apply and continue to use the orbi system or did you power cycle the system or factory reset anything? 


@--Chuck wrote:

I updated my RBS50 and RBR50 from v2.7.0.70.

So far, no problems to report. 


 


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 11 of 65
Stev3D
Luminary

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

This update has caused me all sorts of problems with my RBK50 setup (that'll teach me not to wait until it is actually pushed to me -- does Netgear actually test these things, or are we unwitting beta testers?).

 

Is downgrading to 2.6.1.40 simply a matter of manually installing the firmware?

Message 12 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Did you apply and continue to use the orbi system or did you power cycle the system or factory reset anything? Did you apply the Fw update using Orbi app or the RBRs web page? 

 

Yes.

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 13 of 65
Raekon
Tutor

Rif.: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Just wanted to say that upgrading from 2.5.2.4 to this latest version fixed all my issues. I had unusable wifi that would make my network crash as soon as I saturated my internet bandwidth or I was on too many devices at the same time, now with this update I can download and upload at full speed on as many devices as I want without any issue whatsoever. Manually updated satellite first then router, this is the best firmware I’ve ever used to date.RBR50 1st gen

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 14 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Rif.: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Did you apply and continue to use the orbi system or did you power cycle the system or factory reset anything?


@Raekon wrote:

Just wanted to say that upgrading from 2.5.2.4 to this latest version fixed all my issues. I had unusable wifi that would make my network crash as soon as I saturated my internet bandwidth or I was on too many devices at the same time, now with this update I can download and upload at full speed on as many devices as I want without any issue whatsoever. Manually updated satellite first then router, this is the best firmware I’ve ever used to date.RBR50 1st gen


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 15 of 65
Stev3D
Luminary

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released


@FURRYe38 wrote:

Did you apply and continue to use the orbi system or did you power cycle the system or factory reset anything? Did you apply the Fw update using Orbi app or the RBRs web page? 

 

Yes.


I power cycled both the satellite and the router (at nearly the same time) since the update and after I started seeing problems.  My setup is fairly involved, so a factory reset is an option of last resort. 

 

As interested as I am in having the (unspecified!) security fix that was provided by this update, the issues that 2.7.1.60 introduced cause me to wait for the next update (which presumably fix these new bugs).

 

Thank you for the "Yes."  I'll get on the downgrade tonight.

Message 16 of 65
Raekon
Tutor

Rif.: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Just downloaded it manually as soon as it was available and did manual update on web browser via WiFi starting from the satellite first. No reboot and no factory reset before or after, worked like a charm without going anything particular for me
Message 17 of 65
Stev3D
Luminary

Rif.: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released


@Raekon wrote:
Just downloaded it manually as soon as it was available and did manual update on web browser via WiFi starting from the satellite first. No reboot and no factory reset before or after, worked like a charm without going anything particular for me

I'm glad you have had no problems.  I have two questions for you: (1) Do you have Access Control enabled?  (2) Have you tried the Orbi App to view (and manage) attached devices?

 

Based on your "worked like a charm" comment, I'll be the answer is "No" to either or both of these (related) questions.  I think this update broke this functionality (which matters to many of us).

 

Cheers!

Message 18 of 65
Greg00001
Star

Rif.: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released


@Raekon wrote:

Just wanted to say that upgrading from 2.5.2.4 to this latest version fixed all my issues. I had unusable wifi that would make my network crash as soon as I saturated my internet bandwidth or I was on too many devices at the same time, now with this update I can download and upload at full speed on as many devices as I want without any issue whatsoever. Manually updated satellite first then router, this is the best firmware I’ve ever used to date.RBR50 1st gen


This is the first version of firmware since 2.3.5.30 where all my devices show in the app and web page!  I'm just thrilled about that! So far so good and the app is working perfectly! 

Message 19 of 65
--Chuck
Guide

Rif.: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Applied and continued.  No power cycle, no factory reset. 

I could not use the iPad app to login to my Orbi. I had to delete and reload the app from my iPad. The app on my Android phone had no problems. I had 2 factor authentication enabled. 

I now have a 3 trusted devices. Phone, iPad, and a phantom iPad. iPad's private IP is disabled. 

 


@FURRYe38 wrote:

Did you apply and continue to use the orbi system or did you power cycle the system or factory reset anything?


@Raekon wrote:

Just wanted to say that upgrading from 2.5.2.4 to this latest version fixed all my issues. I had unusable wifi that would make my network crash as soon as I saturated my internet bandwidth or I was on too many devices at the same time, now with this update I can download and upload at full speed on as many devices as I want without any issue whatsoever. Manually updated satellite first then router, this is the best firmware I’ve ever used to date.RBR50 1st gen


 


 

Message 20 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Rif.: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

I recommend doing this after FW updates. Full power OFF of the RBS and RBR for one minute. If problems are still experienced, then a factory reset and setup from scratch would be next. 


@--Chuck wrote:

Applied and continued.  No power cycle, no factory reset. 

I could not use the iPad app to login to my Orbi. I had to delete and reload the app from my iPad. The app on my Android phone had no problems. I had 2 factor authentication enabled. 

I now have a 3 trusted devices. Phone, iPad, and a phantom iPad. iPad's private IP is disabled. 

 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 21 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/jrzeb5/super_satisfying_to_have_all_of_my_devices/

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 22 of 65
jhoff909
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Ok, I took the plunge and upgraded.  I was coming from 2.5.2.4 and upgraded to 2.7.1.60.  I upgraded the satellites one at a time then the router.  I have an RBR50v2, RBS50v2 and an RBS50v1.  I did NOT yet stop power cycle any of the components but I plan to once the fam isn't using the Internets.  I also of course haven't done a factory reset and set it back up from scratch and don't plan to.  I have the system in AP mode as I have 1g fiber from CL and the Orbi just doesn't work well as a router and wifi...  Anyway, working well although with the following issues.  One of the satellites reports to be connected to the other satellite both in the Android app and the web even tho I have daisychain disabled.  Several hours later this hasn't changed.  Initially, one of the satellites reported to be disconnected (same one that's at the end of the chain) and continued to do so for 30 mins or so even tho I'm sure it was working as I was hardwired to it.  Initially, wifi speeds were rather slow for devices connected to this satellite as well but they have gotten better and are now a bit better than they were prior to the firmware upgrade.  Some of the IP addresses initially reported to be wrong (ones with static IPs that I could connect to by the correct static IP) but that seems to have worked itself out.  Wifi speeds seem to be better and connectivity from a wifi camera that's a bit far from the system seems at least marginally better.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 23 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Please power OFF the system for 1 minute then back ON when doing a FW udpate. 

 

Last resort is a factory reset and setup from scratch...


@jhoff909 wrote:

Ok, I took the plunge and upgraded.  I was coming from 2.5.2.4 and upgraded to 2.7.1.60.  I upgraded the satellites one at a time then the router.  I have an RBR50v2, RBS50v2 and an RBS50v1.  I did NOT yet stop power cycle any of the components but I plan to once the fam isn't using the Internets.  I also of course haven't done a factory reset and set it back up from scratch and don't plan to.  I have the system in AP mode as I have 1g fiber from CL and the Orbi just doesn't work well as a router and wifi...  Anyway, working well although with the following issues.  One of the satellites reports to be connected to the other satellite both in the Android app and the web even tho I have daisychain disabled.  Several hours later this hasn't changed.  Initially, one of the satellites reported to be disconnected (same one that's at the end of the chain) and continued to do so for 30 mins or so even tho I'm sure it was working as I was hardwired to it.  Initially, wifi speeds were rather slow for devices connected to this satellite as well but they have gotten better and are now a bit better than they were prior to the firmware upgrade.  Some of the IP addresses initially reported to be wrong (ones with static IPs that I could connect to by the correct static IP) but that seems to have worked itself out.  Wifi speeds seem to be better and connectivity from a wifi camera that's a bit far from the system seems at least marginally better.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX30 Mode Mode  | Wifi Router RBK963 and RBK853 Router mode | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX3/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, RAXE500, RAX120v2, RAX50v2, XR450/500/700/1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 24 of 65
jhoff909
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

Why?  And if that's required, why don't the manuals say so?


@FURRYe38 wrote:

Please power OFF the system for 1 minute then back ON when doing a FW udpate. 

 

Last resort is a factory reset and setup from scratch...


@jhoff909 wrote:

Ok, I took the plunge and upgraded.  I was coming from 2.5.2.4 and upgraded to 2.7.1.60.  I upgraded the satellites one at a time then the router.  I have an RBR50v2, RBS50v2 and an RBS50v1.  I did NOT yet stop power cycle any of the components but I plan to once the fam isn't using the Internets.  I also of course haven't done a factory reset and set it back up from scratch and don't plan to.  I have the system in AP mode as I have 1g fiber from CL and the Orbi just doesn't work well as a router and wifi...  Anyway, working well although with the following issues.  One of the satellites reports to be connected to the other satellite both in the Android app and the web even tho I have daisychain disabled.  Several hours later this hasn't changed.  Initially, one of the satellites reported to be disconnected (same one that's at the end of the chain) and continued to do so for 30 mins or so even tho I'm sure it was working as I was hardwired to it.  Initially, wifi speeds were rather slow for devices connected to this satellite as well but they have gotten better and are now a bit better than they were prior to the firmware upgrade.  Some of the IP addresses initially reported to be wrong (ones with static IPs that I could connect to by the correct static IP) but that seems to have worked itself out.  Wifi speeds seem to be better and connectivity from a wifi camera that's a bit far from the system seems at least marginally better.


 


 

Message 25 of 65
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 64 replies
  • 5391 views
  • 4 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E